Warped/Bent pressure plate?

beeradd

Established Member
Has anybody ever had an issue with their pressure plate being warped or the fingers bent. I have had a TOB issue over the last year, the fork vibrates which caused my pedal to vibrate. I don't drive the car much and have since replaced the TOB, cable, installed Fiore adjuster and steeda quadrant. The vibration came back... I have a new TOB and fork sitting in the garage but now I am thinking might as well replace everything this go around.
Not happy about that option because the clutch still holds fine and I didn't want to upgrade to the 26 spline until I had to.
Does it sound like I have the correct idea?
Thanks

side note: everything seems fine if I hold the clutch pedal up with my foot while driving lol, seems after awhile it gets worse regardles due to heat I am guessing. yes I have adjusted TOB properly but it seems like it either moves on its own or gets off center?

Last edited:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
The fingers can appear "bent" if the pressure plate to flywheel bolts are torqued differently. That could be caused by them coming loose. I noticed this during one of my clutch installs years ago. As I was going through the torque sequence I noticed that the fingers were at different heights. Just a thought.

08mojo

Established Member
I experienced the same thing and the solution was to tighten the firewall adjuster (take some slack out of the clutch cable). If there is too much slack, it will cause the clutch pedal to vibrate (as the throw-out bearing is 'bouncing' off the clutch fingers). I have yet to have a clutch where the fingers are all at the same height.

In short, try tightening the clutch cable.

beeradd

Established Member
I initially suspected the clutch cable, found slack. Since then replaced the cable, adjuster, quadrant. Played with the adjustment alot and when tightened up it helped but would get worse and you can still feel a vibration in the pedal. Put it back to the recommended adjustment. I have maybe 400 miles on this new bearing (ford racing). It seems once you get it warmed up it just starts flopping. I have considered the LDC mod but feel it is just a bandaid. I suppose the bolts could have backed out and that would make sense. I guess the best thing is just to replace it all and see what happens.
:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread