WARNING - OEM Motorcraft window motor does not fit

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
Front drivers window motor died on my 2003 Terminator. The part number marked on the original stock motor is NWLM13 99233V94 . The OEM Motorcraft replacement part is H2MZ 99233V94H. This is a universal replacement designed to fit the front door on various models and be installed on either driver or passenger side. IT WILL NOT FIT THE DRIVER'S SIDE.

The motor is mounted to the regulator assembly with three bolts and can only be attached one way. When installed from the factory the motor hangs down below the regulator assembly next to and nearly parallel to the window track in the front of the door. Since the replacement motor is designed to fit both sides, when mounted on the driver's side it will be flipped upside down (the only way it can be attached with the tree bolts) so the motor is above the regulator assembly and as before nearly parallel to the front window track.

The problem is that when mounted on the drivers side the top of the motor hits the front window track and the alignment of the two bolts on the regulator assembly that are supposed to go through the door the door are off by about 1/4 inch and won't line up with the holes. Also the motor will partially blocks the hole where the power wire goes through the door and attaches between the door and the interior panel leaving the hole too small for the connector.

While this may be unique to my car I believe it is not since with the exception of the dead motor the window operates perfectly with no alignment problems.

For reference below is the parts diagram showing the motor (#7) and the regulator assembly (#6) to which it attaches.

View attachment 1588716

Below is a good video on how to remove the regulator assembly and replace the motor.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are you sure your regulator isn't damaged? I only ask because we picked up a Dorman window motor for the driver side window of my son's 98 GT. Once we got everything out we realized the regulator itself was damaged. So we picked up a complete unit and shelved the motor. He picked up a 99 GT that the passenger window wouldn't go down. He was able to put that motor on the passenger side and it works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread