WARNING boycot paypal

redsap05

Established Member
WARNING if you use paypal you could find your funds being held for 7 days or longer for NO reason. Wow what a bunch of bs from paypal. I have never screwed anyone over on paypal or ebay but yet for some reason they hold my payments for 7 days Some new bs policy they are doing for "security reasons" . I advice everyone to find something else. Google has a free pay service and there always the old fashoned certified check, money order.

TorchedCoupe

Established Member
I've found that the 7 day hold pertains to certain items sold on ebay such as electronics (cellphones, etc). The money will be held for either 7 days or until the buyer receives the item, which is verified by paypal through tracking information. If you don't post the tracking number to the transaction, the buyer could potentially dispute that they never received the item and they will be refunded the money automatically.

If you are receiving money through paypal outside of an ebay transaction, it is very important that the sender selects the correct "reason" for sending money. (goods, services, gift) If they don't select the appropriate option, your money automatically gets held for the disclosed waiting period.

I took a deposit via paypal for a car back in July and paypal decided to hold it for 7 days. :kaboom:

turbodango

Established Member
I stopped using Paypal back in 02-03.. they always have sucked this is nothing new. Just send me a money order or Google Checkout works great too.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Actually I would prefer if they held the money from the beginning and acted more like an escrow service. I'll sacrifice waiting, if I know when I pay someone they won't get their money until about the time I'm suppose to get the item I purchased.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Actually I would prefer if they held the money from the beginning and acted more like an escrow service. I'll sacrifice waiting, if I know when I pay someone they won't get their money until about the time I'm suppose to get the item I purchased.

Exactly. I have had the same thing happen to me on payments I received. At the time I was pretty upset about it, but after thinking about it, it made perfect sense.

As far as holding funds I already had in my account, that has never happened. I use my Paypal account almost everyday online and my debit card. Never any problems there.

Users who are viewing this thread