Warmed over S197???

GTMamba

Established Member
A guy on M6g claims this is an earlier prototype that has since changed..... so nobody freak out just yet.

GTMamba

Established Member
No when they are in this stage. That is about 80% production. They might change some minor things but that is it.

How do you know this is the stage they are in now. There's still old mules driving around. and who knows when this pic was taken. This could be old and I think that's what he is saying.

americansteel

Banned
Seriously..... I'm not throwing money at the car if the grill is that monsterous. Another aerodynamic brick.

there's nothing wrong with that grille, especially compared to the current grille. how ever the whole frontend does not play well with the lights and grille. I can see the new mustang is going to alienate a lot of people.

steeltoe

Established Member
How do you know this is the stage they are in now. There's still old mules driving around. and who knows when this pic was taken. This could be old and I think that's what he is saying.

The M1(mules) were S197 chassis that were made for S550 driveline and suspension. Which were build back in June/July of 2012. That is a VP car were Ford actually starts building cars as a production unit so that car is about 80% production. How do I know I used to work at Roush building prototype Fords.

GTMamba

Established Member
It's a production "mule". It's not painted it's just e-coated. A car like this will also be used to test the assembly line and time the plant.

Really? How do they use a mule like this to test the assembly line? Is this part of the tooling trial? I'm assuming they're not at that stage yet.

steeltoe

Established Member
Really? How do they use a mule like this to test the assembly line? Is this part of the tooling trial? I'm assuming they're not at that stage yet.

Yes they are. They don't test stuff like that at Flat Rock it's tested at the pilot plant where they will configure the plant for a given vehicle and let it run down the line and once everything is figured out and they are ready for the retool Flat Rock will be set up and then they will test more vehicles. That mule is just the stage where they start testing stuff like that.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
oh, look, knee jerk reactions to a couple shitty pictures of a car that's obviously not camera ready, all at the same awkward angle, that don't even begin to show the whole car. i wonder what percentage of you suckers will be buying one of these in a year or two and proclaiming how badass it looks...

Users who are viewing this thread