Votes: 18 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters

PonyXpress

http://trackingterrorism.com/Default.asp?dismode=article&artid=955

US Military Discussing Air Strikes for 'Regime Change' in Iran
Source: JUS | 6:45:01 AM

Pentagon hawks have begun discussing military action against Iran to "neutralise" its nuclear weapons threat, including possible strikes on leadership, political and security targets, The Observer reported Sunday.

With a deadline of tomorrow for the Islamic republic to begin an agreed freeze on enriching uranium, which can be used to produce nuclear weapons, sources have revealed that the latest Pentagon gaming model for 'neutralising' Iran's nuclear threat involves strikes in support of regime change.

Although Washington has made clear that it would seek sanctions against Tehran through the UN should it not meet its obligations, rather than undertake military action, the new modelling at the Pentagon, with its shift in emphasis from suspected nuclear to political target lists, is causing anxiety among officials in the UK, France and Germany, the report said.

In the meantime, Iran said it was still committed to suspending its sensitive uranium enrichment activities as of Monday and that alarm over its ongoing nuclear activities is merely "propaganda".

"The suspension will begin tomorrow. We have said that we will suspend our enrichment activities and we will do it," foreign ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi told reporters.

"The news about the production of UF6 ahead of the suspension is just a part of the propaganda to weaken relations between Iran and the (International Atomic Energy) Agency and the work on building trust with the Europeans," Asefi said.

"What we have been doing over the past few days conforms with the Paris accord and has been carried out under the supervision of the agency," he added. (Albawaba.com)

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Planning for war with Iran is about as old as the cheese in your mom's underwear.

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
Somewhere in the Pentagon, a guy is writing plans to attack Iran. He keeps them up to date, so when the President decides the time has come, they pull the plan off the shelf.

Mattz

Established Member
Hmmm.... not sure if that would be in the best interest of the U.S. I believe our military forces are already spread pretty thin, and we've already spent a great amount of money military wise so far... but I guess you really don't need a country like Iran getting a nuke. Funny, on Fox they were talking about how Russia was giving them all the stuff they needed to complete the process, and the only was Russia would stop is if we payed them a very large amount of money. :rollseyes

tvguy

Curious, as to how manyof those who are "pro-war" with Iraq would back an invasion into Iran. And, why not an invasion into North Korea?
pacotaco

pacotaco said:
Curious, as to how manyof those who are "pro-war" with Iraq would back an invasion into Iran. And, why not an invasion into North Korea?
pacotaco

I am certainly not pro-war, but I say fight with diplomacy first.

tvguy

03DOHC said:
We should have done iran before iraq anyway.

Why do you forget North Korea? Why the obsession with the Middle East when Kim Jong can kick our asses now? I will never understand this fascination with the Middle East when our greatest threat isn't even close to Iraq and Iran. N. Korea HAS nukes NOW, and can sell them at any time to anyone they want. Yet we focus on Iraq and Iran. Go figure. It WILL bite us in the ass one day. And that "bite" will most likely be thousands of US lives. If we're lucky, ONLY one major city. But hey, Iraq is our greatest threat according to Bush?????
pacotaco

EDIT: Added the comment "If we're lucky, ONLY one major city". Just for those that are watching.

Last edited by a moderator:

03DOHC

Established Member
pacotaco said:
Why do you forget North Korea? Why the obsession with the Middle East when Kim Jong can kick our asses now? I will never understand this fascination with the Middle East when our greatest threat isn't even close to Iraq and Iran. N. Korea HAS nukes NOW, and can sell them at any time to anyone they want. Yet we focus on Iraq and Iran. Go figure. It WILL bite us in the ass one day. And that "bite" will most likely be thousands of US lives. If we're lucky, ONLY one major city. But hey, Iraq is our greatest threat according to Bush?????
pacotaco

EDIT: Added the comment "If we're lucky, ONLY one major city". Just for those that are watching.
Who says I forgot north korea? Why the obsession with them? kum jack ill can't kick his own ass let alone America's. :pepper:

I think you only read what you want because bush never said iraq was the only anything. I guess you conveniently forgot the axis of evil or were those talking points not in the e-mail sent out by the losers, um I mean democrats. Maybe you mistook the muslim fundamentalists who killed thousands of American citizens for koreans? Does that happen often to you? :read:

Users who are viewing this thread