Wanting to switch to E-85. I need information on additional mods.

D1STRRBD

Established Member
I have a 2014 5.0L my mods are CAI, 90mm TB, long tubes, catted H-pipe and catback. Stock heads and internals. I am looking to put E85 into it. I'd like to know who has made the switch and could tell me what I will need to upgrade to make it work. I'm also looking to add the Ford racing cobra jet intake setup and a set of comp stage three cams over the next year to 18 months. I'm going after 500+ N/A RWHP. I have three fuel stations with in 20 miles of my home that sell E85. One is 5 minutes away. So I might as well take advantage of the added power I can achieve with E85. Since it is readily available to me. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

StalkerStang

Established Member
The factory system can handle ethanol already. Lots of newer Ford's are flex fuel from the factory. My 07 F150 is.

I don't think you need to worry about the pump until you hit higher power levels. Even if you do max out the stock pump later, you could probably just add a BAP.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Holovacko

Established Member
I ran the CJ intake with 47# injectors and E85 tune, without issue. Stock fuel system is fine. It's suggested not to leave the E85 in the tank sitting for extended periods of time. (Months)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread