wanting to put 04 cobra heads on my 2v 5.4 swapped GT

chrisroy

Established Member
hey guys, just went to performance dyno in NY on wednesday to get my car re-tuned. put up some real disappointing numbers....so i want to do a cobra head swap. looking for any suggestions or tips, idk if this is the right area to post this but i thought i would give it a try. thanks for any help in advance!

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
You might be better off getting the heads ported and puting in a set of cams.

Is the short block factory or is it built? If it's built I say skip right to a turbo, don't waste time n money on swapping heads, finding an intake, and re wiring. 5.4 2v cars can make BIG power

chrisroy

Established Member
The car is cammed right now. The 2v 5.4 heads are so restrictive even if ported im told....i was thinking maybe tfs heads or trying to bolt up a vortech to it. Car made 257rwhp and 306rwtp, im disappointed in those numbers...motor falls on its face after 5000rpms

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
2v's don't make great power na to begin with. You can build it with high compression, throw heads at it, big cam, full exhaust, and at the end of the day you will still make less then if you went turbo from the start.

2003cobra22

Corn Fed
Established Member
If you have the 5.4 2V in your 99-04 you'll definitely need FTP or custom long tube headers for there scavenging effect. PI 2v heads are to small to make good power on a 5.4 NA

Users who are viewing this thread