wanting to do an eaton swap

gregor185

Established Member
hey guys! just tryin to get a list of stuff together. i have a 96 gt with a pi headswap and stage2 cams and i wanna put an eaton on it just for a lil more ummpphh. nothin crazy. my cars a show car more than anything, but anyway i just wanted to know what parts besides the eaton i can get from a cobra to do the swap. i know tork tech sells a kit but i figured it would be cheaper if i pieced it together. maybe you guys know different and if so let me know. just trying to get an idea thanks!!:rockon:

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
All you can get from a cobra is the eaton, plenum, throttle body, throttle and cruise cables, intercooler fluid reservoir, heat exhanger. Everything else I believe you will have to get from tork tech.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
There should be a thread here that outlines every single part needed for a Cobra eaton swap. Yours would be the same minus the front accessory drive and intake manifold. But yes, Torktech should be able to hook you up with just about everything minus the intake system and intercooling system. Don't forget you'll have to look into upgrading your fuel system pumps and injectors. This often gets overlooked.

Users who are viewing this thread