Wanting to be unatural.

SVT Monster

Established Member
Ok here goes nothing. After owning-driving a Lightning I want the little 96 to be unatural. After talking about it with my mechanic, who by the way not only told me about this site but to ask here. My wrenchman knows me pretty well as we've had more than a few projects over the past few years recommended me going with a Kenne Bell. My cobra's motor is stock internally with only pulley's, exhaust and filter externally. I do not want to sacrifice reliability at all or minamal at most, but would like to see around 400whp, and would prefer an upgradeable(pulley wise) huffer. Am I totally dillusional? I think not because I've been reading almost constantly on this website every night all week long before asking this question. Please advise. NO WORMS PLEASE.By the way-This site and it's members are the bomb!:rockon:

mystical

Established Member
Forget the Kenne Bell, any decent centri would blow it out of the water. For a stock motor, I'd go with an s-trim. Good luck.

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
my bro had a 97 cobra, with a 1.7 kenne bell on it, and that thing was in the area of 520hp and tq. he had his motor built and bored over to 5.1. the thing is that he was only using like 8lbs, or maybe a little more but it wasnt alot. i dont remember the exact specs cuz it wasnt my car, but that thing pulled like a train. if u want to go with a keene bell, than u should consider building the motor first.

SVT Monster

Established Member
Thanks for the response. I am planning to build an engine but I thought I might go ahead and get myself a huffer of some sort now. Maybe something easily upgradeable like with a pulley so when I do get the new engine together I don't have to buy a new charger as well.

SVT Monster

Established Member
Come on, is this all the info I can expect? No hp numbers,torque, general pricing or anything? Do I need to post in the sn95 forum? Moderators?

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
rrpederson said:
my bro had a 97 cobra, with a 1.7 kenne bell on it, and that thing was in the area of 520hp and tq. he had his motor built and bored over to 5.1. the thing is that he was only using like 8lbs, or maybe a little more but it wasnt alot. i dont remember the exact specs cuz it wasnt my car, but that thing pulled like a train. if u want to go with a keene bell, than u should consider building the motor first.

Are you sure that's right? I've never heard of 8psi getting over 500 RWHP for an S195 Cobra... :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread