Wanted : FR500 steering wheel

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I need one too.. damn it I shouldn't have procrastinated when they were in stock at american muscle.. had I had known they were discontinued I would have bought it right then and there.. pisses me off.. I hate my stock wheel.

DevilSun

Established Member
Mine got put on just a few days ago, still in the wrapper around the wheel even now :) Only been sitting in my garage for 3.5+ years. The guy asked me "why ya switching steering wheels"...I should show him this thread.

mustang3X

Established Member
There was a new one on ebay a few months back. Didn't own my Cobra then though, bummer.

Thinking the Isotta leather cover will be a good alternative, anyone here ever use one?

Last edited:

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I remember almost pulling the trigger on one a year or so ago but thought to myself "ah, I'll just pick one up later, no worries." Now I'm kicking myself in the ass, should have bought it even if I wasn't going to put it on for a while.

marshal wall

Established Member
I went through this situation 3 weeks ago. I wanted a FR500 steering wheel and it seemed like nobody had one in stock. I started calling every Ford racing dealer listed in the back of the Ford racing catalog untill I found a retailer that had the Fr500 wheel in stock. Dozens of calls later, I picked up the last Fr500 wheel sitting on the shelf collecting dust at Brother's performance in Florida.:banana:

I installed this wheel on my 2001 mustang last week and let me tell you, it feels awsome and it really adds a nice visual touch to the interior!:rockon: If you can get your hands on this wheel, you wont be sorry! One of my favorite interior mods!

Last edited:

t.wiley

Established Member
Marshal, exactly what color is the FR500 wheel? I know its advertised as black, but I've heard its actually very dark charcoal gray, somewhere between the 94-98 black and 99-04 charcoal gray.

etobicokian

Established Member
That's actually a very accurate description. A touch darker than the 03/04 Cobra steering wheel, slightly different shade of grey and a little less shiny (might change with use?).

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I just bought one and will be getting it this week. If someone is interested for the right price I will sell it. :)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
that too, but then you'd have to deal with dying it and stuff. I was just putting it out there lol.

evolverxvx

Established Member
I was watching that thread and there was so much fail on the buyers side of it. I can't believe you guys paid that much for a steering wheel.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
it is what it is.. I paid actually a pretty good price for it.. the dude who paid 790.. that's a different story lol.

Users who are viewing this thread