wanted: coupe springs

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
Anyone with a new suspension want to sell a convertible owner their coupe springs? I want a slightly stiffer ride but not the hastle of lowering the car or replacing the shocks. I think the coupe springs would be perfect. PM me with asking price.

Thanks.

SVTyballz

Established Member
the shocks/struts on the coupes also have a different p/n. i think the valving is different too, so you might have to get the coupe shocks/struts too. i am prolly going to use the 00R springs/shocks/struts.

gary

ZXnVS

Established Member
I'd love to know what went through the minds of the SVT engineer...."Let's see, the convertible weighs more, so lets use SOFTER springs! That's it!"

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
Originally posted by ZXnVS
I'd love to know what went through the minds of the SVT engineer...."Let's see, the convertible weighs more, so lets use SOFTER springs! That's it!"

True on the shocks and struts, but since the change is within 20% I think it will be okay. I considered the 00R stuff, but I hear it is way too stiff for the street. If I wanted that kind of rate I would go with a full coil over system.

goinbyu

I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but it was my understanding that vert weighed the same as the coupe. I might be thinking of a different car, but I thought that the vert used lighter/stronger materials to increase structural rigidity to keep the weight the same?

ZXnVS

Established Member
Yup, I hate to tell you, ILL_SVT, but the verts are heavier, have significantly less structural rigidity, and come with softer springs. Not trying to flame you vert owners, or rub it in your face, but those are the three reasons there's a coupe in my garage.

SVTyballz

Established Member
Originally posted by ZXnVS
Yup, I hate to tell you, ILL_SVT, but the verts are heavier, have significantly less structural rigidity, and come with softer springs. Not trying to flame you vert owners, or rub it in your face, but those are the three reasons there's a coupe in my garage.

Well, not trying to flame you either, but the 80 degree sunny day today is the reason there is a vert in my garage with the top down. Oh wait, it was sunny like that yesterday too.............and the day before................................and the day before....................... HAHAHAhahaha j/k

gary

ZXnVS

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTyballz
Well, not trying to flame you either, but the 80 degree sunny day today is the reason there is a vert in my garage with the top down.

That's what motorcycles are for, and why I have three of them! :)

Seriously, I'm glad you love your vert. I love my coupe.

:beer:

ZXnVS

Established Member
Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
The 03 vert springs are the same springs all 01 Cobras had, vert or not.

Nevertheless, they are softer than the springs on the '03 coupe, which is inexplicable to me...

...unless they figured the vert body would flex enough to make stiffer springs pointless? That just occurred to me, but I have no idea if it's valid or not.

davidmax

Established Member
I will haveall the take off parts shocks,springs to name a few.If your intersted send me a an email offer and no I'm not looking to make mtge.payments just a couple o bucks,Dave S.

Users who are viewing this thread