Want to try clearkote, need help on what to get.

PDubs

Established Member
I've used Zaino for years but want to try something new. I've searched and searched and it looks like I at least need the following products:

Car wash: $5
Vanilla Moose Wax: $12
Quik Shine: $15

There were also mention of PoorBoy's something or another and NXT of some sort? What else do I need and what order do I use them in? For Zaino, I clayed the car and used their wash, Z1, Z2, Z5, and Z6 products. Worked well, but I want to try something different and easier to apply with similar results.

spree

Established Member
I second that. Get Scott's Killer Combo. You don't absolutely need the car wash soap. It's a pretty good soap, but just about any soap will be fine. I personally think Zaino's car wash soap is excellent, and I still use it to this day.

The reference to Poorboy's is usually for their excellent swirl remover line (SSR1-SSR3). They also make great polishes and waxes if you want to try them out. So basically if I were you, I'd get this...

Swirl remover
SSR2.5 or SSR1 depending on how bad your swirls are (or both)

Polish
Clearkote Vanilla Moose

Sealant/Wax
Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax or Poorboy's EX (Wax) or Poorboy's EX-P (Sealant) or Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax

In other words...just pick up a bottle of SSR2.5 and/or SSR1 and either Scott's 1-2 Punch kit or Scott's Clearkote Killer Combo Kit...

blowngt

Established Member
spree said:
I second that. Get Scott's Killer Combo. You don't absolutely need the car wash soap. It's a pretty good soap, but just about any soap will be fine. I personally think Zaino's car wash soap is excellent, and I still use it to this day.

The reference to Poorboy's is usually for their excellent swirl remover line (SSR1-SSR3). They also make great polishes and waxes if you want to try them out. So basically if I were you, I'd get this...

Swirl remover
SSR2.5 or SSR1 depending on how bad your swirls are (or both)

Polish
Clearkote Vanilla Moose

Sealant/Wax
Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax or Poorboy's EX (Wax) or Poorboy's EX-P (Sealant) or Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax

In other words...just pick up a bottle of SSR2.5 and/or SSR1 and either Scott's 1-2 Punch kit or Scott's Clearkote Killer Combo Kit...

This seems to be the most popular combo. I'm trying it out this week. To be honest with you, I can't imagine it being much better that Zaino, but I'm willing to give it a try!!!

Users who are viewing this thread