Want to see some Sonic Blue L's!!!

SHOE

Boo-frickety-hoo
Established Member
My Sonic Blue should be here in a few weeks, but I haven't seen many pics of Sonic Blues on here. Will anybody out there put some up for me? SNCBoom, you out there? :)

SNCBOOM

Established Member
as requested ;-) You'll love it. It does look kinda purple when it's dirty though. The biggest and most frequent comment I get is on the color...this by people who don't even know what a Lightning is.

SHOE

Boo-frickety-hoo
Established Member
SNCBoom:

Thanks for the post. Great pic of your truck. My brother-in-law said I should consider the blue. He said he wanted that color for his Cobra but didn't want to order it and have to wait. I had a similar color on a 1989 Camaro and I always got comments on the color, especially when it was clean. I can't wait to get it. I ordered it without even seeing a 'Blue in person. Just took my chances, but I think I made the best choice by far. Thanks, again.:thumbsup:

camcojb

Established Member
Here's mine with the rear lowered 2" and a Gaylords bed cover.

lightningfrontcorner.jpg

Jody

Last edited:

99RedSVT

Established Member
Man that almost makes me want to go trade my red 99 in for a sonic blue 03...Man i love that color.

SHOE

Boo-frickety-hoo
Established Member
camcojb,

Where did you find the bed cover and what is the approximate price range? That's one of the first things that I want to upgrade.

camcojb

Established Member
That's the Gaylord X2000; I ordered it color matched straight from them. Price was about $1100. with freight; has to come truck obviously. Think it took 2 weeks or so to get. The actual unit was in the $940 range or so, plus tax (I'm in their state), plus freight.

It is a very nice unit. I've had their lids before but this new hinges is awesome and requires no holes in the bed.

Jody

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I definatly can't wait till I get my shackles on...awesome truck camcojb

SHOE

Boo-frickety-hoo
Established Member
I will definitely will drop the rear-end some once I get mine. Looks great either way, though. Your pics make me more anxious than ever before.:cryying:

SHOE

Boo-frickety-hoo
Established Member
camcojb lowered 2" in the rear. That's about all I would want to go. Any more and you have other concerns, right?

camcojb

Established Member
Originally posted by SHOE
camcojb lowered 2" in the rear. That's about all I would want to go. Any more and you have other concerns, right?

The 3" shackles, which give you a 2" drop, get the truck almost perfectly level. That has zero issues. I love the lowered trucks but it's also nice to be able to go in and out driveways and pull up to curbs and parking bumpers and never worry about hitting them. I've had the lowered trucks in the past, but I'm staying more conservative on the height of this one.

Jody

SHOE

Boo-frickety-hoo
Established Member
I don't want a "lowered" truck. I just want to eliminate some of the gap in the rear wheel well and make the truck level. I don't want additional lowering for the same reasons. Besides, I'm too conservative for that now. I had an '89 Camaro that I would have to turn in at a 45 degree angle to keep from scraping. Did you do the lowering yourself? Where did you get the shackles?

99RedSVT

Established Member
Mine is lowered pretty low man and I dont rub when i turn hugs te corners pretty damn good also the only thing i have noticed dont hit bumps fast or u will feel them lol.

SHOE

Boo-frickety-hoo
Established Member
I like it lower, just not to the point of ridiculous. Will do some, just not much. Thanks for the heads-up!!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread