Want to race a 03

cscollis

Established Member
Any of you 03 owners ever goto the track? I have seen a couple and I was only impressed with 1 driver who ran a 11.98 @ 114 on street tires. Most seem to run mid to high 12's with the pulley. I am too slow to go from a roll thats why I keep my racing at the track.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
come to US41 on sunday, there will be plenty 03's there. One thing.... its in Indiana.... I know a girl that will run you! Tracy, where are you

03cobratech

Established Member
Mid to high 12's with a pulley??:xpl: If you're ever in south florida let me know, i'll run you from a roll.. :rolling:

Last edited:

jasil

Established Member
Re: Re: Want to race a 03

Originally posted by NyteByte
You mean with the stock pulley, right?

Most people do not run mid 12's with the stock pulley. That's like saying people run low 11's with a cai, catback, and pulley. People have done it, but it is not the norm. The car has the ability to do it most drivers don't, myself included.

03cobratech

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Want to race a 03

Originally posted by jasil
Most people do not run mid 12's with the stock pulley. That's like saying people run low 11's with a cai, catback, and pulley. People have done it, but it is not the norm. The car has the ability to do it most drivers don't, myself included.

It was the high 12's that bothered me... Truth is most pullied 03's run mid to low 12's and thats if they're on stock tires.. When I had a lightning pulley if i just left off idle and shifted on time (no powershifting) car would run 12.3-12.4.. With my 2.80 and idler car wont go slower then 12.2 even right off the highway, i'd have to miss a gear to run high 12's... High 12's are for cars wtih stock pulleys, or even bone stock cars...

Dave

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Want to race a 03

Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
I don't consider my driving great, and I managed to get around mid-12's in good air on my 5th pass ever at a dragstrip.

People are losing tenths shifting these cars I think. A lot is in the launch, but shifting is key to getting those extra tenths.

I agree. I think some owners get too comfortable in the seat when racing. I like to get the seat forward to the point that my knees are near-touching the steering wheel; very uncomfortable, but race-ready. Get good shifts without missing 3rd and 5th. Just my .02.:rolling:

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Originally posted by cscollis
Any of you 03 owners ever goto the track? I have seen a couple and I was only impressed with 1 driver who ran a 11.98 @ 114 on street tires.

I go to TnT almost every week, will be over 100 runs this year. In all those times I have witnessed 1 C5 vette, that actually ran. He managed a best of 8.7, so at least someone impressed you...

jason

cscollis

Established Member
Re: Re: Want to race a 03

Originally posted by 2thman
I go to TnT almost every week, will be over 100 runs this year. In all those times I have witnessed 1 C5 vette, that actually ran. He managed a best of 8.7, so at least someone impressed you...

jason

8.7 is not impressive so I get your point! Your 7.83 is pretty quick, whats that a 12.2 to 12.3 in the 1/4. Is that on street tires? My average in the 1/8 on drag radials is a 7.61 @ 91. 7.8 to 7.9 on street tires, a 2.55 str torque converter really abuses street tires!.

DSharp

Established Member
I'll race you when Ennis opens after the New Year. Don't have a 03' just a natrually aspirated DOHC street car. I will be plenty of a hand full for you. Plan to make a trip anyway with a friend of mine with an 01' z06. He has a buddy that is supposed to go with a 03' Cobra as well as a guy with a H/C LS1 SS on spray.

Users who are viewing this thread