Want to lower my 60'

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
I got 02 mustang gt with on 3 performance turbo kit . Master power T70 turbo at 8.5-9 psi .

Here my suspension
Upr k-memeber kit with coil over 14-175 springs up front and KYB ADJ struts (1-4) setting, and at track I put 1 the softest
Back BBK LCA , upr rear coilover 10-150# springs with lakewood 50/50 shocks.
I use stock gt rims for drag racing and got M/T Street Drag Radial at 16 psi. ( Not much thread left )

With stock suspension I used to run 1.81 60' with N/A 297rwhp and now with about 430rwqh I cannot do #### even with suspension. I need your help

I went to the track twice after I got my turbo up and running but best to date is 12.4 at 113mph and 1.85 60'.

I know my 3.73 gear are hurting me and going to get 3.27 gear asap funds get available. Going to also get WOT BOX asap funds available to help with 2 step and no lift feature as every time I shift I need to make boost back up. No lift feature will keep full boost when I shift .

Any suggestion to get me in 11 high sec please do so. Thanks in adavance

My youtube
YouTube - lovetorace's Channel

Last edited:

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
What transmission are you running?

I hate to say it...You need some stickier tires...

I run Hoosier Quick Time Pro's on my Lightning.

I cut 1.7's in a 5,000 lb truck...

So I know you can obtain that....

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
You never said if it is spinning or hooking and bogging.

MT DRs are capable of much better 60's than that.

How are you launching? RPMs? Clutch dump or feather?

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
Spinning of the line and never hook hard, feather clutch around 4k at 16 psi air in tires. Next time I go I will try 14psi air and dump clutch.

03cobra283

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Established Member
Your gonna want a good slick for the track. I went with a MT Stiff sidewall slick. It works really well. With worn MT drag radials your gonna get bad wheel spin, they tend to loose there stickyness at the end.

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
they tend to loose there stickyness at the end.

I guess you are right on the worn out tires cause it used to hook hard , but at that times they used to prep track real good too.

No matter what I will go 11 sec this year. First I will get wot box to help me stay in boost and then when I have 400 then I will order new set of mt dr. I cannot use full slicks at our track as friday night race they call street cars only and no drag cars. They want every one to run 15+ sec :lol1:

Last edited:

02trgt

Established Member
get yourself an eibach drag launch kit, cuts ets and drop 60's i had it in my old fox body and i went from a 13.9-13.6 and sixty of 1.9 to 1.7

snkbitten6

Established Member
An old topic, but why are you trying to launch at 4k if your spinning?! Go from a dead idle, and keep picking it up. Sounds like more seat time is needed. My bolt on 4v, with baseline upper and lowers, at 3519 with me in it, no front suspension will cut a 1.6x... Also loosest setting is not always the best.

Venom351R

Established Member
Get a set of MT Slicks and have fun. How is the track prep where you go? Sometimes depends on the type of racing they are doing.

Last edited:

SVT CAMR

Established Member
here is my 2 cents.
I say get some slicks and ditch the rear shocks for a set of adjustable ones.
especially if it has a manual trans.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
here is my 2 cents.
I say get some slicks and ditch the rear shocks for a set of adjustable ones.
especially if it has a manual trans.

What he said.

I'm running D-Specs on the softest setting in the rear and about 5 of 10 in the front. Nice transfer.

bj

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
What he said.

I'm running D-Specs on the softest setting in the rear and about 5 of 10 in the front. Nice transfer.

bj

dont you mean the other way around? you want the front soft and the rear firm....stiff up front isnt going to do anything?

orange_whiner

Pro-class stoplight racer
Established Member
I bet you have a blow off valve don't you...? convert to a by-pass valve. It will help with boost loss between shifts (alot cheaper than going auto) plus you can put the blow off valve back on when you want to be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread