ResizedImage951398529682401.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 800
  • IMG_3114.jpg
    IMG_3114.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 782

1strike

Established Member
Just got it out the shop a week ago.

Took it out to the track last night.....12.31 on Nittos 555R's and no aux tensioner for the belt slipage. Trap speed was 121

Car dynoed at 445 HP to the wheel and like 450 to the crank if i'm not mistaken.

mhinchley

Established Member
It is tough to sell highly modified foxes and get decent money on them. I tried to sell my 89 GT Vert with Dart 331 block, b41 cam, nib Fox Lake heads, Ysi, Freddie Brown AODe, fully built rearend, and a boatload more for $15k last year. No good bites. Ended up parting it out. Made more money than asking price, but hated to see it leave in pieces. People gotta have cash cuz a bank aint loaning that kind of money on a car that old. Think that is what makes it tough.

That being said, I do know a guy actively looking for a car & he like the LX's. Can't see why he would not love a terminator swap. When you figure out a price, pm me and I will tell him to look it up.

1strike

Established Member
alright bro, thanks for the feedback. It is the wifey's car.....and i'm kind of in the same boat as you....i've invested way too much into this car. By letting this car go for 15K i'm already losing out.....however I do understand that you'll never get out what you put into it so who knows bro. but thanks for the feedback, i appreciate it.

1badton

Established Member
Nice Car

I would be all over this if I wasn't livin in the G** A** st of cali with all the people singing kumbiya. Could never get it smoged?????????????????????:nonono:

Woody6799

Established Member
beautiful car. If you price it right here it will go but you will never get all your money back. I would love to have one in my garage!

fstcobra2

Established Member
It is tough to sell highly modified foxes and get decent money on them. I tried to sell my 89 GT Vert with Dart 331 block, b41 cam, nib Fox Lake heads, Ysi, Freddie Brown AODe, fully built rearend, and a boatload more for $15k last year. No good bites. Ended up parting it out. Made more money than asking price, but hated to see it leave in pieces. People gotta have cash cuz a bank aint loaning that kind of money on a car that old. Think that is what makes it tough.

That being said, I do know a guy actively looking for a car & he like the LX's. Can't see why he would not love a terminator swap. When you figure out a price, pm me and I will tell him to look it up.

I understand what your saying about highly modified cars and yes the car you described is considered highly modified but I don't consider this highly modified it's a very clean low miles swap I have 04 complete swap with 19,000 miles in my 97 Cobra and I could have bought a real 03-04 for less then what I have in it and tone of bolt ons but I don't consider it highly modified it's just a swap :) Goodluck to you seller I hope you get what you need out of it

SCCA SM

Established Member
I would be all over this if I wasn't livin in the G** A** st of cali with all the people singing kumbiya. Could never get it smoged?????????????????????:nonono:

LOL

You can smog anything with DMV papers for it. Smog isnt really a problem unless you have to go to the ref.

mhinchley

Established Member
I understand what your saying about highly modified cars and yes the car you described is considered highly modified but I don't consider this highly modified it's a very clean low miles swap I have 04 complete swap with 19,000 miles in my 97 Cobra and I could have bought a real 03-04 for less then what I have in it and tone of bolt ons but I don't consider it highly modified it's just a swap :) Goodluck to you seller I hope you get what you need out of it
In this case, not what I meant by modified. I meant modified beyond stock. You are taking a car such as a 1990 LX Mustang with book values of $2300 low end to $6800 high end & trying to sell them for upwards of $15,000 or over twice their top of the line book. The average Joe does not have $8-$15,000 laying around to buy the car & cannot get a bank loan for the note on it. So now you have a hobby or specialty vehicle in a much smaller buying pool. That is why I quickly made the decision to part my fox out, rather than sit on it, possibly for months on end, waiting for the right buyer to come along. Custom modified vehichles are a tougher sell to a long distance buyer because most want to see that they are done properly, and for good reason. I have been on the wrong side of a couple of deals myself. Turned out in my case, a well known tuner in the US saw it for sale days after I started parting it & would have bought the whole car for the asking price, but too late. Parts were already going out the door. So you may get a buyer quickly...........no doubt.....but you also may not.

Not just meant to OP here...........this is the way it is. Just watch Ebay and see how many cars are relisted over & over again. Sometimes even after they sell cuz buyer backs out for one reason or another.

On the other hand, Lots of people have $500 to $5000 laying around when parting out a car. I think my whole car was gone in under 45 days once the first part left.

Last edited:

livnlrn

Established Member
My last car was a 93 fox w/331 & s-trim with 40 grand invested. I sold it for 16,000!!!! You never get back what u put into them.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
In my opinion you could easily get 10 - 12k ..probably little more if you were patient.

There's a few things going for you
1. terminator motor
2. it's a notch,looks clean which is very desirable

There's people out there who know what it takes to build your car.

Tractionless1

Established Member
IMO buying a modified bolt on Terminator is a risk in and of itself, let alone a driveline swapped car. The only way you're getting what you're asking is if it was all done to the "T" and you're selling to a friend that knows it. Otherwise, it's a huge risk to any other buyer who would have to reverse engineer whatever method was used for the mods to make changes or to diagnose an issue, whether it was done the right or wrong way.

Modding motor vehicles is for the sole enjoyment of the owner, when you decide to part with it you can't be offended that it's not worth to others what it is to you. It took me 13 months to sell a motorcycle at a huge loss, just as you say $15k would be to you. My advice is part it out and you'll probably get your $15k.

Users who are viewing this thread