want to get a turbo kit your opinion

EVO-lution

Established Member
not good IMO. my boy bought an intercooler set up from ebay and the piping didn't line up good at all. My personal opinion?...Buy the hotside piping off ebay. it comes with all the piping already bent. I did and it looks like all the other kits. paid $250 for it. The only thing is that you need a D&D k-member(works the best with that one).

As far as the cold side piping you can buy universal and bend it yourself. there's a guy on here that did an entire ebay turbo kit and he paid about $1600 for all the piping and stuff. he got all the fuel fittings and oil fittings on ebay too.

EVO-lution

Established Member
idk if thats the one I have since it doesn't mention anything about the K-member it will work with. my boy just bought the intercooler set up. it was a for 20th anniversary GTI. wasn't for a mustang. The guy that fitted all the piping didn't have to remove his AC at all.

There was a whole buildup thread he had and I can't find it and I forgot his name on here. He had an 03/04 cobra. I know he DID KEEP his AC and didn't need to remove it.

slickv8

Established Member
k thanks, does anyone know of turbo kits for the mach 1 out there thats is not that expensive hellion?

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
im sure there is a HP kit and also the hellion, they run around 6k iirc

then there is the sts? which is a remote mount that doesnt need and intercooler since the turbos are mounted by your rear axle.

those are the only ones i can think of

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I always love the 'cheap' inquiries. Cracks me up every time.

IMO, do it right the first time, or do it again later.

slickv8

Established Member
hey guys what do you have to say about that kit that goes behind and under the car?
Does it do the same job as the turbos in the front?
Anyone with some knowledge about this?

330mach1

Established Member
i've dealt with a couple cars with the sts kit, in my opinion they aren't effecient. by the time it buolds boost it's time to shift but that just my .02 on it others may have had better experiences

slickv8

Established Member
at what rpm does cars you work on got to full boost, maybe they had too big of a turbo

330mach1

Established Member
the mustangs all started to spool about 3500, but it didn't look to help until just about 6200. and the camero's were right about the same.

YellowShaker03

I Am Black Jesus
Established Member
Its just not an efficient design for a street car. Cars that run high boost and are built for the track (no street driving) can use a rear mounted turbo setup to its potential. A street car running 6-14psi would be 'wasting' boost.

slickv8

Established Member
so since its far away from the engine, it will have a huge lag. so basically its not worth it

Users who are viewing this thread