Want to change my springs, anyone using stock shocks and struts??

RARESNAKE

Established Member
I just bought another gt500 I also have a 2007 gt500 w eibach pro kit and tokico d-spec. What springs ride the best on the 13's? And can I just use the factory shocks and struts?

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Ride is pretty subjective. I had Ford lowering springs and the ride was pretty decent. A little bit stiffer in normal but a pretty good bit stiffer in sport mode. You wont need anything with the springs but you should consider a panhard bar to center the rear. A good package would be UCA, LCA with relocation brackets, and panhard bar to go with the springs if you're going for max drop. A lot of guys are running eibachs and imo the look is perfect.

hostile500

Established Member
im running the eibach pro series springs on my 13 and love them. Ride is still stiff and the drop is about perfect. If youre looking for it to be on the ground then go for the street series. I also went with a whiteline panhard bar.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I like my hr super sport springs with stock suspension...ride quality and the drop is a great combo with these

Ky GT500

Established Member
Eibach Pro-Kit and stock shocks and struts,,,no big deal.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

crucianpilot

Feel the need for speed!
Established Member
Eibach sportlines, full BMR rear suspension on stock shocks and struts.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    881.9 KB · Views: 248

Speedboosted

Established Member
There is zero difference in the springs shape when choosing between ones for a convertible or a coupe. The only difference will be a very (and I mean very) slight change to the rate, to accommodate for the increased weight. Being that the Pro Kit contains progressive springs, you won't have any issues since they will sit a couple mm lower and bring back some of the rate that you "lost" by not getting convertible spec springs. Trust me, they will fit and work perfectly for you.

10GT500

Established Member
Those with the pro kit, did you use CC plates or is there enough adjustability in the stock setup?

Users who are viewing this thread