Want to buy a set of factory 95r wheels

R-MAN

Established Member
Like to buy a like new set of wheels that someone took off when almost new. Will buy wheels and factory bfg tires set up if someone has wheels and tires. Thanks

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Like to buy a like new set of wheels that someone took off when almost new. Will buy wheels and factory bfg tires set up if someone has wheels and tires. Thanks

R-man,
I'd sell you four (4) original 1995 Cobra R wheels (some inner rust from the previous northern storage) and three original low mileage tires---one was replaced by a 245 18 years ago.

I will also sale my set of proper NIB 255 tires (BFG 255-45-ZR-17's with the stickers on them).

$4000 OBO.

From this car (car not FS):

1995CobraR15.jpg

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
What's the difference has a ford racing wheel with an OEM wheel ?

I Know there is a difference in the two, I think it was something like oem wheels were made in the USA, and the catalog wheels were made in China.

I remember also hearing something like the offset was slightly different too between the two wheels.

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh excuse me, the idea was to help, but I see that the links are not what you are looking for, sorry I wasted your time.

No problem. The original ones said "Made in Japan". They were well engineered wheels. The Ford replacements should be shown the same but without the 1995 part number.

Later, everyone wanted a 95R wheel, and you linked two of the knockoff's. One was made in China.

Established Member
I have a 95 R. I have a set of originals and a replacement set I bought from ford. I did not see any difference from one set to the other when I took them out of the ford boxes. If you tell me where to look, I will do my best to do a comparison next time I'm at the shop. One set has R1s and the other has street Nittos, so I'm not looking to sell, but I will try to verify if there is a difference.

Steve

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
During my ownership time of #108 I liked the ride and street performance of the tire/wheel combo shown below, even though it is not "correct original", at a glance it looks original to a 95R, but the 10.5 rear wheel allows the install of a 285 tire for a little bit of additional meat on the rear.........plus it fills out the fender well a little better than the original 255. I used an original size BFG tire with original width on the front, but the rear is where a width addition was needed on these cars. The 9"/10.5" - 255/285 tire/wheel combo shown below achieved the look I was looking for...........

Picture1041-1.jpg

Picture1043-1.jpg

^^^^Looks just like a factory 95R........

Below is my 95R when I first bought it and the original 255's on all four corners. Only a keen eye would notice that the aftermarket 95R wheels above use the larger diameter 2000 Cobra R center cap instead of the original smaller diameter 95R cap shown below.........and yes, the silver finish is slightly brighter on the aftermarket wheels and the lug nut holes are a little larger, but you do not notice that unless you are really into these cars, or compare the wheels side-by-side.

DSCN2012.jpg

Looks original 95R, until you look from the rear...............

Picture753.jpg

^^^It is from the rear that this car had a non-original, more muscular look.

R

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Ford had two different 95R rims in silver. I believe the -R58 was the correct rim and the -R50 was the knock-off. The correct rim had the script on each side of the valve stem. The knock-off was smooth without the script. I remember owners of 95Rs comparing original OEM 95R rims to the R58 rim and they could not find any difference.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread