Want to buy a PC

iwanastang

Established Member
I am new to this and i want to buy a PC, I already know where to get the pads and everything else. But where can I buy a PC for cheap? Lowes?

trance_in_miami

Established Member
yes go to lowes. other website have exorbident prices. your best bet is lowes you also get 90 day warranty. lowes for 107$ with tax included

iwanastang

Established Member
Yeah, I went to lowes today and found it for very cheap. What is the difference between the 7424 and the 7336?

Scott P

Established Member
The 7424 has a 5-inch counterweight. The 7336 has a six inch counter weight. That's about the only difference. The five-inch wieght is just fine.

iwanastang

Established Member
So Scott will the 6.5 in pads work fine with both, because the only one lowes had was the 7336. If not please tell me what size i need for the 7336. Thanks in advance! :coolman:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Iwannastang youll be fine with the 7336sp @lowes i got mine there. al you need is to buy the velcro backing plate and the pads. but make sure you buy ther proper size of velco and pads. the best size would be 5 inches for the velcro. =-) hope this helps :thumbsup:

iwanastang

Established Member
One last question, should the backing plate be a flexible backing plate or does it matter? The 7336 says it supports 6 in pads so i should be fine with either. Thanks for all of the help. I am just trying to get my feet wet with this stuff and there is so much to consider. Cant wait to get started though! :thumbsup:

Also I bought my 7336 last night at Lowes. Thanks for the suggestions on where to get it.

Last edited:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
well yeah. I bought my pads at autopia.com it was a good deal that came with the velcro backing plate a cutting pad,polishing pad, finishing pad. and some bonetts. i liked the deal. check it out.

Scott P

Established Member
The 7336SP is a great machine to get. A flexible backing plate is nicer to have. My pad starter kit comes with a six inch velcro plate, four 7.5 inch (acros the face) curved edge variable contact pads. The plate sits inside a recess in the pad, so it can't contact our paint. It's priced at $50.99.

Here's a pic of the pad selection:

LC_CEVC_Asst.jpg

iwanastang

Established Member
Thanks to all. I will let you know the results when I buy the rest of the stuff and the weather clears again. (Snow predicted Sunday :bored: )

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
You all are lucky. My Lowe's does not carry them in my area. I have 3 lowe's within 20 minutes, and non of them have it. I also tried Home depot.

Users who are viewing this thread