Want to build my 2000 5.4 superduty motor

nash34223

The main thing is my truck has 220,000 miles on it and is lifted on 37" tires. It barely gets out of its own way so I wanted to build a nasty 5.4 motor to kind of rub it in the peoples face that say " thats only a gas motor in a superduty".
I wanted to put the lightning supercharger on it but not with 220,000 miles. I figure I could pull the motor, rebuild it and do some other mods while its out (heads, cams, intake, etc). Ive been trying to found out different parts and stuff for a 5.4 build but I fail at this type of thing. Of course im looking to do this as cheap as possibe (If thats even possible) but I figure i could start buying parts now little by little since the motor still does run good.

I heard I could get 4v heads and that would help out, as for cams I dont even know what I would be looking for, I want it to loap like crazy and just give it a mean ass sound but not sure if im just going over board here. I have found intakes but thats all ive had luck on finding. Kinda expensive but I think thats the route im heading towards. This is probably gonna not be a budget build like my fox.

So if anyone has any ideas or any tips on how to go about this PLEASE help me out. Maybe someone out there has already done this and theres a thread already started but I couldnt find one.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread