Want times, dyno's for Steig GT500's

vin1382

Established Member
Just curious what are some of the configurations, power, and times for the steig ported GT500. I am having an arguement with my friends dad that says these ported blowers are junk and not worth the time.

Tucker

I'd like to see what powers made without the 2.2 pulley to show what the port actually makes.
2.6 unported Vs 2.6 ported

Has anyone done this?
I though Evo did a couple years ago

sprint200

Established Member
I'd like to see what powers made without the 2.2 pulley to show what the port actually makes.
2.6 unported Vs 2.6 ported

Has anyone done this?
I though Evo did a couple years ago

Tucker,

I would like to see the same. I believe you saw my dyno results before & after for similar work done by another shop. I'd be curious to see if a Steigmeier ported blower is comparable, better or worse as far as "apples-to-apples" HP & torque on dyno runs by a third party.

My gains were 34 hp & 17 lb-ft IIRC with absolutely no other changes to the car and identical weather conditions.

vin1382

Established Member
I have a steggy ported stock blower and picked up 22 rwhp and 15 tq, and my IAT temps were noticable lower according to my tuner.

And was that also on the stock tune?

Nevermind, doubt your shelby would be in hte upper 500 rwhp with no other changes.

Last edited:

Mustang_Racer

Established Member
I had 2.6 upper and cold air kit then i ported the blower. then i put on 10% lower. all done on the same dyno. at the same place. We did have to tweak the tune with the steggy port because the a/f was out of kilter when we first ran it on the dyno.

Tucker

I'm confused.

You added the lower pulley?

So your comparison is 2.6 & intake Vs. 2.6, intake, port and lower pulley ??

Mikey org gt500

Established Member
My car has a port with a 2.4pulley.. with the 2.6 and no port it made 532/526sae. now make 577/577sae. the iats never went above 120 while tuning on the street..

dynobobstieg

Stage 1 500 RWHP Stiegemeier Tune - SCT XCal II device
Stage 2 525 RWHP Stiegemeier Tune plus Cold Air Intake
Stage 3 550 RWHP Stiegemeier Tune plus CAI + 2.6 Pulley + Idler
Stage 4 575 RWHP Stiegemeier Tune + CAI + Pulley + Idler + Stiegemeier Ported Blower + Throttle and Plenum + NGK plugs
Stage 5 600 RWHP Front drive reconfigured for 2.2 Pulley. 18-lbs of boost.

allRunsTogether.jpg

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
bump - getting ready to do this swap. Seems like a good idea to reduce temps if using a lower pulley.

Last edited:

davidhuff

Established Member
This a question for Stiegemier,do you sale the complete stage 4 kit including a mail order safe tune?What is the cost?

Users who are viewing this thread