Want my Cobra to handle better!

bubbal00ve

Established Member
I'm not your bro, ummm aahhhh sh!t all guys took all the good one's lol

724Cobra - Don't ask for someones opinion on a forum if your not going to like what they say. Just my opinion :beer:

724COBRA

Established Member
I'm not your bro, ummm aahhhh sh!t all guys took all the good one's lol

724Cobra - Don't ask for someones opinion on a forum if your not going to like what they say. Just my opinion :beer:

True, true! Just messin around anyway

Thanks everyone! Lots of good advice

AC427COBRA: do you sell the front bushings?

shurur

Established Member
True, true! Just messin around anyway

Thanks everyone! Lots of good advice

AC427COBRA: do you sell the front bushings?

Global West Del-A-Lum bushings..if AC427COBRA (FullTiltBoogie) doesn't sell some of his own by now...

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Lmfao there's some good info in here but damn y'all are cracking me up with the south park routine!

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
On the FTBR site they have some alignment settings with adjustable rear toe tie rods. The IRS cobra has 40% rear steer built into it, just in case you want to go 40 mph backwards. But the adjustable toe allows you to move the 40% down to around 10% improving handeling. My cobra used to push thru the corners and now after the FTBR kit, H&R race, new arms it is very neutral.

My SVT Focus was a great handler too, but it is much lighter and more balanced too.

724COBRA

Established Member
On the FTBR site they have some alignment settings with adjustable rear toe tie rods. The IRS cobra has 40% rear steer built into it, just in case you want to go 40 mph backwards. But the adjustable toe allows you to move the 40% down to around 10% improving handeling. My cobra used to push thru the corners and now after the FTBR kit, H&R race, new arms it is very neutral.

My SVT Focus was a great handler too, but it is much lighter and more balanced too.

Thank you! I have rear adj tie rods. I will ask my installer how he set them up

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Thank you! I have rear adj tie rods. I will ask my installer how he set them up

Adjusting the bumpsteer on the rear suspension is a VERY important part of improving handling. If it was not installed properly or not even bumpsteered, that could very well be your issue. When you ask your installer for the bumpsteer specs and he looks at you funny that should be your first clue that the job was not done properly.

We've got a couple of different bumpsteer videos on our site if you want to understand more about it.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

gregorio

Established Member
Not to hijack...but I've recently installed mmflsfc's poly sway bar bushings, mm strut tower bar and k member brace, and h&r springs. It handles like a dream and the ride is smoooooth. it really compliments the car, so much more than stock ever was. not at all bouncy.

I can't imagine what more you would have to do to make it ride better?

KILRSVT

Established Member
I have currently HR race springs, mm rack bushings, rear irs brace and rear diff brace and the most important mod in handling toyo proxes R888 tires it's no m3 but it sure does handle better in a couple months I'll go complete mm suspension then I'll have to relearn the car

Jroc

Established Member
IMO if you want to really attack the Cobras handling I think you really need to attack the front suspensions geometry, and try and take some weight off that frontend.

In many aspects I honestly prefer my stock L's handling to my Cobras, and that's even after SFC's, built IRS, and stiff MM C/O's/Bilsteins setup running big, high performance street tires, and that's pretty sad IMHO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread