want LIGHTER brakes but not spending a fortune??

13GT500SG

Established Member
Our front rotors weigh 40 lbs a PIECE! Thats just insanity if you ask me. Does anyone know of a lighter rotor if i need to sell my calipers and rotors I will. Not looking for drag race brakes just looking for something that will save me 50 lbs rotatating mass. Thanks!

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
FRPP sells a ring and hat the will reduce some of the weight you seek to unload but not quite 50 lbs...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Fortunately a very good SVTP memeber Bruce (AC427Cobra?) makes lightweight rotors for previous Cobras/GT500s and has ordered a 2014.
Hopefully he will have lighter rotors for us also.
I would also be in the market.
Maybe contact him and inquire?
I would be in for a group buy.
-J

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I'd be interested in lighter fronts. Although not really dropping weight, I'd like to put a different rear rotor on the car too. With wheels that allow you to see through them to the brakes, the rears sure look lousy. :nonono:

Cman01

hello
Established Member
The front rotors weigh 32lbs. each not 40# (still heavy though). I bought an extra set a few weeks ago they are sitting in my closet so I weighed them before putting them there.

Will be using this set of rotors with my track pads (once I get them) to go lapping @ Mosport.

13GT500SG

Established Member
Maybe it was 40 with calipers then? Either way if i could save 40-50 lbs rotating mass itd be great! Id like to know ballpark price for a group buy.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Message Bruce and start a thread here for a GB if he is interested. Like I said I would also be interested for the winters upgrades (don't even have car yet but I will do this over winter)
-J

Users who are viewing this thread