Want headers but no tune-that possible?

CashMoneyKC

Established Member
I want the sound of the AR headers but I've read that it requires a tune . I dont want to void power train because of tune on a month old car. I was thinking an x pipe instead ....idk what are my options to get the best sound ? Without voiding warranty or should I just screw it and go for it......figures I want like two mods and they require a tune .....intake and exhaust ....sux balls because I didn't they require tune .oh well.
Thanks

Bigmike0405

8)
Established Member
IDK what you mean by you like the sound of headers? Headers only make the car sound louder and if that's what your looking for grab a set of mufflers or a catback exhaust. I have Roush extreme catback on the car. With cats its amazing sounding without cats its nascar loud.

But back to the headers needing a tune or not? Yes. Reason being is its moving more air out and making the engine more efficient. Just stick with the mufflers cheaper too.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure headers would void an engine warranty, so you might as well get a tune too.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
You can always run the magnaflow catted x-pipe and some nice mufflers, and no tune required, and it sounds pretty sick.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Magnusson Moss Act basically says that changing a part on a car cannot void the warranty unless that part specifically causes the failure.
Under the act, aftermarket equipment that improves performance does not automatically void a vehicle manufacturer's original warranty, unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle's warranty, or if it can be proven that the aftermarket device is the direct cause of the failure.
(Source: Keeping Your Mods Warranty Intact)

Ford warranty specifically states:
Damage Caused by Alteration or Modification
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any damage caused by:
• alterations or modifications of the vehicle, including the body, chassis, or components, after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor Company
• tampering with the vehicle, tampering with the emissions systems or with the other parts that affect these systems (for example, but not limited to exhaust and intake systems)
• the installation or use of a non-Ford Motor Company part (other than a certified emissions part) or any part (Ford or non-Ford) designed for off-road use only installed after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor Company, if the installed part fails or causes a Ford part to fail. Examples include, but are not limited to lift kits, oversized tires, roll bars, cellular phones, alarm systems, automatic starting systems and performance-enhancing powertrain components or software and performance ‘‘chips’’.

You add headers and blow the engine, I don't think Ford is going to pick up the tab. You certainly can take them to court of over Magnuson-Moss, but the burden of proof will be on you to prove the aftermarket part didn't damage the engine. Add the cost of lawyers, expert witnesses and whatever else you need to prove your case, you lose, even if you win.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
haha ya the Magnusson Moss Act does not work with ford, after my 2011 5.0 blew up, they found out i was tuned and told me to fly a kite, just be careful

Users who are viewing this thread