want feedback from people w/ twin disc clutch setups

svtnos1011

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD
Established Member
which one are ya running and how do you like it? im looking to upgrade my stock clutch and am interested in the best possible for track abuse and street use. i dont go to the track every day but during the spring and summer i go a few times a month.

thanks in advance!:rockon:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I just bought the RAM twin disc unit and hope to get it installed next weekend. I'll be sure to post my reactions to it during and after the break-in period...:beer:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I've been running the RAM twin disc 300 series since May 07. I absolutely LOVE it! I've spent a ton of money on this car and this clutch is up there with the best $'s spent.
It has ZERO chatter, even after sitting in heavy traffic for an hour. The pedal effort is like a hot knife through butter! I've also made 60+ 1/4 mile passes on it. It doesn't like to be hot-lapped, but other than that, no complaints.
This is on a 600+rwhp, daily driven car that runs low 11's.

Other clutches I've run in this car...Spec 2, Spec 3i, CF DFX (x2).

RAM Twin Disc Install

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Racerat,

How did you like the CF DFX?

Pluses: It held the power and pedal effort was lighter than stock.
Minuses: It was very on/off (not good in stop and go traffic) and it chattered badly when it got warm.

It's a good clutch for racing, but not so good for a daily driven street car imo.

Ratfink

Established Member
Pluses: It held the power and pedal effort was lighter than stock.
Minuses: It was very on/off (not good in stop and go traffic) and it chattered badly when it got warm.

It's a good clutch for racing, but not so good for a daily driven street car imo.

i would agree with everything said above i also run this clutch and it isnt the best in daily driving

Users who are viewing this thread