Want brighter HIDs to match LED foglights

Which should I choose for brighter HIDs?

• Smoked Raxioms + Morimoto projector retrofit kit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Raxioms + Morimoto projector retrofit kit

• OEM 2013 HIDs and try to find replacement for missing cover

• Total voters

DarkHorse305

Established Member
I've had smoked Raxiom headlights with an HID conversion for the last year. I recently installed Diode Dynamics XML2 bulbs and smoked raxiom fog lights on my GT to complete the look. I always knew the smoked headlights weren't the best at light output, but the black raxioms weren't available when I changed them. Now that I got LED fog lights, they really put the headlights to shame. I could probably drive on the fog lights alone at night.

My first thought was to retrofit a true Morimoto HID projector kit into my smoked headlights. There's also a cheap set of black raxioms for sale on a local forum, so I can also buy those and install a Morimoto kit in them as well. There's also a guy selling OEM 2013 headlights for a good price, but he's missing one of the bulb covers.

Getting a retrofit kit for my smoked headlights would be the cheapest option, but I don't know how much better the light output would be. So I'm leaning more towards HID black Raxioms or the OEM set I found. On that note, if anyone has a spare OEM bulb cover, PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread