Want a new phone, where to buy?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I might bite the bullet and get the LG V30. I have two Verizon stores in my town, neither of them have one in stock. They have a rebate up to 400 dollars with the purchase of another LG product. Says accessories included.

bigmoose

Established Member
What do you plan to do with the phone. A nice new mid range phone can be had cheap. I run a Moto G5 plus which is under $200 new from Amazon unlocked.

Also, once you go with a cheap retail phone you can easily go to any service. I'd consider ditching Verizon and moving to an MVNO. I use cricket wireless which runs on AT&T towers but is cheap. Basically same service as att at half the price.

I run a family plan with 5 phones, all unlimited talk and text and 4GB of LTE data per phone for $100 out the door for everything, taxes included.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
What do you plan to do with the phone. A nice new mid range phone can be had cheap. I run a Moto G5 plus which is under $200 new from Amazon unlocked.

Also, once you go with a cheap retail phone you can easily go to any service. I'd consider ditching Verizon and moving to an MVNO. I use cricket wireless which runs on AT&T towers but is cheap. Basically same service as att at half the price.

I run a family plan with 5 phones, all unlimited talk and text and 4GB of LTE data per phone for $100 out the door for everything, taxes included.

I use my phone for nearly everything, lol. I may have to check amazon. We have 3 phones on our Verizon plan. Service has always been good.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well I figured there would be some deals on phones around black Friday. I can't seem to find any.

It's a joke that carriers like Verizon only have deals for new customers or adding another line. Been with them for 20+ years and no dice....

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Well I figured there would be some deals on phones around black Friday. I can't seem to find any.

It's a joke that carriers like Verizon only have deals for new customers or adding another line. Been with them for 20+ years and no dice....

Man I have a theory I’ve been with VZW for around 14 years. My theory is we are paying for these phones now weather payments or in full up front and no deals like they used to. Due to dead beats signing contracts getting a new phone not paying the bill and keeping the phone so the company is passing that along to people that due pay jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Man I have a theory I’ve been with VZW for around 14 years. My theory is we are paying for these phones now weather payments or in full up front and no deals like they used to. Due to dead beats signing contracts getting a new phone not paying the bill and keeping the phone so the company is passing that along to people that due pay jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably. I just bought a cheaper phone on Amazon for prime member's only today. It's a moto E plus. I paid 140 with 1 day shipping. It should be better than my current HTC phone. It's slowing down and battery doesn't last long.

If I don't like it I'll just use it as a back up.

Users who are viewing this thread