Wanna take a ride in my '98?

amorrow

Established Member
Thought I'd get one of the GoPro cameras everyone seems to like, so I went out and bought one for last weekend's track day/HSAX at Blackhawk Farms in South Beloit, IL. So hop on in, have a seat, and hope you enjoy...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvY4_chxbjk"]YouTube - ‪Lap Around BFR - '98 Mustang Cobra‬‏[/nomedia]

Last edited:

amorrow

Established Member
Thanks...although its bark is bigger than its bite. Engine is entirely stock with exception of replacement-style K&N filter, but these mod engines still sound great when turning 7K rpm.

uh0h50

Established Member
That's a damn healthy sounding banana you have there. Gotta love how those 4valves scream, almost as good as a pushrod haha. Jk man. Nice driving too!

KCRN12

Established Member
What kind of exhaust is on that?..... And I love the GoPros. I got one for the busa a few years ago right after the HD came out.

MouTine

Established Member
Nice track you guys got there. Thanks for shareing. It's allways interesting to see open track lap videos. I'm more into thosen than quortermile runs

amorrow

Established Member
Exhaust is 2.5" Borla XR-1 cat-back and catless Bassani x-pipe, with stock manifolds.

I have to say I do prefer the pushrods at idle and lower rpm for sure, but the mod engines definitely have a unique sound with throttle. I can't decide which I like better, though!

And yea, BFR a nice smaller and more technical track compared to others in my area. This was my third time roadracing, second at this track, and I'm still learning, and look forward to driving another area track in Michigan that has more elevation changes...like the 'Ring and the track you posted, MouTine.

98cobraRx

98 Chrome Yellow
Established Member
Car sounds absolutely awesome. Its always good to see the chrome yellows racing. Nice driving BTW. I need to get a GoPro so I can record my autocross runs in my 98 chrome yellow. How do you like your GoPro? Any recommendations on purchasing one?

amorrow

Established Member
Thanks. Regarding the GoPro camera, I'm really happy with mine. I bought the Motorsports HD camera/mount kit along with the LCD screen, and recommend both. The kit is nice in that it includes all the bracketry I think you'd want to mount inside or outside the car....unless you have a rollbar/cage, and in that case you'd probably want the bar mount as well. The LCD screen is a must if you're setting up your camera at the track, and don't have access to a computer screen or some means to view what you're shooting - there is no display on the camera itself. Overall, in my opinion the quality is excellent for the price, and the camera can be bought online directly from GoPro, or at your local retailer such as Best Buy. Regarding pricing, I'm not sure who sells for the absolute lowest prices, but the prices at Best Buy and directly through GoPro were comparable.

Motorsports Kit
http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-motorsports-hero-camera/

LCD
http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories/lcd-bacpac/

Last edited:

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
cool video. I like the layout of that track, looks nice.

the track in Mich, would that be Gingerman? I have seen video from there, it is a nice track.

amorrow

Established Member
the track in Mich, would that be Gingerman? I have seen video from there, it is a nice track.

I was actually thinking of Grattan, but I've heard Gingerman is a great track to drive, too. I hope to run both in the not so distant future.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Very cool video, amorrow!

I was actually thinking about going to BFR last weekend with my STi but other obligations got in the way. It would have been neat to see your car and meet someone else from the forum.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Nice driving! Cobra sounds amazing and looks amazing! Wish I could go to an open track like that here.

ill-legal?

Established Member
Cool video, I actually went to high school in St. Charles, IL. Graduated in 1997...went to NIU for a few years before moving to MI then eventually AZ where I live now. I owned my '99 Cobra when I was living in STC.

RWtorque

Established Member
Thought I'd get one of the GoPro cameras everyone seems to like, so I went out and bought one for last weekend's track day/HSAX at Blackhawk Farms in South Beloit, IL. So hop on in, have a seat, and hope you enjoy...

YouTube - ‪Lap Around BFR - '98 Mustang Cobra‬‏

That's a fun thing to do that I may do this summer depending on how much they charge. The closest thing I did to that was on one of my Harley's going around a circular track. Not as much fun after looking at your video. That must have been a BLAST !:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread