Wanna find a snowmobile. Not sure where to look.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
Just looking for a used 440 efi or something comparable to play around with this winter. Cycletrader's powersports section, ebay and craigslist netted me next to nothing. Even no search limits on the prices didn't help.

Ideas? :shrug:

RSH427R

Established Member
Just looking for a used 440 efi or something comparable to play around with this winter. Cycletrader's powersports section, ebay and craigslist netted me next to nothing. Even no search limits on the prices didn't help.

Ideas? :shrug:

Find a new or used snowmobile at SnowmobileTraderOnline.com.
Auto & RV - Search

Mines for sale, but it's an 08 600

DeviceMemoryhomeuserpicturesIMG0-1.jpg

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member

RSH427R

Established Member
I'm not really dead set on a 440. Problem is winter here in Cleveland is hit or miss. Sometimes its 6 months long sometimes we only get a couple weeks of snow. Considering that, a 440 is just more cost efficient. If I find a good deal on a 600 or 700 I'll definitely jump on it. What are you looking to get for it?

It's selling for around 5K at the local auction. If you are up for a road trip the snowmobile auction over here is the place to get deals.

Snowmobile Auction and more White Star, Bronson Michigan

Tug Hill is one of the best places to ride. It's not far from you.

Snowmobile Tug Hill - Jefferson, Lewis, Oneida, and Oswego Counties New York

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
SnoWest Magazine has a classified section in their forum, not sure if they'll have the specific type you're looking for but there are always quite a few for-sale ads.

Hmm...someday an Arctic Cat M1000 Sno Pro...

RSH427R

Established Member

Not sure if your just getting into this or your an old pro. From a rider of 25 years I would stick with Polaris or Ski-Doo. Of course this is my opinion but I've had them all. Had the best luck with these two. Good luck with your search.

THE_STIG

Established Member
**** all other snowmobiles, buy an Arctic Cat. Best snowmobile you can buy, I flipped one into a ditch at 50mph. After getting 5 people to help me pull it out, three pulls and boom it started right up and off I went.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
Not sure if your just getting into this or your an old pro. From a rider of 25 years I would stick with Polaris or Ski-Doo. Of course this is my opinion but I've had them all. Had the best luck with these two. Good luck with your search.

I'm new to sleds. Been riding dirtbikes and quads for a few years so powersports aren't new to me but I don't wanna spend a bunch of money on a sled I MIGHT only get to use for a few weeks.

RSH427R

Established Member
Hit a patch of covered ice around a sharp bend, see how long you stay on the trail...

Icy corners suck when your doing 50 around them.:nono: I would invest in some studs for the track and carbide skags, that will help keep you right-side-up and alive.:beer:

Last edited:

THE_STIG

Established Member
Icy corners suck when your doing 50 around them.:nono: I would invest in some studs for the track and carbide skags, that will help keep you right-side-up and alive.:beer:

I actually rode to Livingstons (if you know arctic cats you know what that place is) and bought some studs and skags right after that. Its never good when you turn the skis one way and watch your ass go the other.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
i bet a snowmobile is fun to ride on. I've never even seen one in person, only on tv & in pictures.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member

+1, My ol man was Yamaha for years and I got started riding Ski-Doo's. He is now a cat man, but I like the Polaris twins (talking about older sleds.) But still partial to doo's. I've always had good luck on craigslist, might have to travel a bit being in Ohio, check a little further north..

Users who are viewing this thread