Wal-Mart's Microfiber towels....

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
img_1824.jpg

anyone use them yet?? I know there are probably better/more expensive ones out there....but for $8, it's not bad. Let me know...thanks. :thumbsup:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
They are probably not the best quality. Do the CD test. If it scratches a CD, it will scratch your car.

In case you didn't know, you are supposed to wash your microfibers before using them. Wash them by themselves, in warm water, and with a mild liquid detergent.

I bought a ton of MF's from these guys, http://www.pakshak.com/. Join, if you aren't already a member, at http://www.autopia.org/, and then email the owner, Ranney, and tell them you are a member. They have a discounted price list for forum members.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I use the shit out of them. They don't scratch cd's, they don't scratch the paint or (my terry cloth pet peeve) the plastic in front of the gauges.
My brother has some more expensive towels and I think his will last longer but he paid a lot for them too.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
I use mine about 3-4 times a week and wash everytime and I love them. No scratches!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Im a believer in you get what you pay for with microfiber towels, I was quick detailing my truck this weekend and I was having a tough time getting an area clean, it just seemed like there was always a slight bit of dust on the paint surface. I switched to a clean 3 for $5 walmart special microfiber towel and still had the same thing then I switched to a $5 polishing microfiber towel I bought from AutoZone and that cleaned it right up. I thought microfibers were supposed to be lint free but Im not so sure about the cheap microfiber towels anymore.
Also I do wash my towels separately with Tide Free liquid soap and also add white vinegar during the rinse cylce. Towels are tumble dried on low. Ill give the cheapos another shot and post up if they dust again or not. Might have just been those two towels. 2881

Scott P

Established Member
I may be a bit biased, but I think you definitely get what you pay for with MF towels. The Wal-Mart/Sam's Club/BJ's/Costco towels are much thinner, less plusha nd not as long lasting as better towels. However, they do may a very nice "value" towel.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
yep Ive never used an absorber or any of the water blades or anything on my vehciles surfaces. terry towels and diaper soft towels before and now microfibers.

Microfibers feel awesome when they are wet, they couldnt scratch even if they wanted to. Awesome for washing and drying. Just wring them out when they get saturated and keep right on drying. :banana:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
maybe you guys should try an absorber at least once...I couldnt imagine using a towel now that I have been using a chamois for 8 years....I use a waterblade sometimes on the truck it seems to work rather well too..but I always want to go back over it with my absorber to make sure it doesnt streak

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
:coolman:
Cobra10th Anniv said:
I used to use the absorber, but it always seemed to take so damn long to do. Now I am back to the good ole 100% cotton towel. Works great and finish in a few mins.

David

hmm It always seemed to take me longer with a towel...once it got wet all it did was move the water around and streak. at least with the absorber once you ring it out it is fully absorbant again

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
I never touch the car with anything when it dries now that I have the Mr Clean Autodry. I hear mixed results with it but I have nothing but great results.

Can't scratch as long as all you touch it with is air, water, and a wash mitt wet with soap and water only! :thumbsup:

newmystic

Established Member
definitely! that Autodry by Mr Clean works awesome. If you're not in a hurry to get going, use that.

Users who are viewing this thread