waking up to an srt8.

cmr98cobra

Established Member
Well I guess I'll start by saying, Alarm goes off at 7am. Get up take a shower, rush off to work half asleep. It was a day not to different from any other, Weather was crisp but not cold, ah little overcast and gray, but their was hope of a nicer day to come. So I decided to take the stang to work today. Works been kind-of slow so their would be plenty of time for me to get a chance to look her over.

Well so after letting her warm up ah bit I'm off to work. Driving quietly through the development (i like to call the "people farm"). As I approached the traffic light to get on the the main highway from 1/8th mile away I saw it was green, shit I thought got to hurry, hurry, faster, faster. Damn just missed it now I'm going to be stuck here for what feels like a eternity, At least I'm first in line.

As I was sitting at the light and watching all the cars go by... Honda, vette, truck, truck, Lexus, truck, riced out Honda (why even bother), BMW. I found myself day dreaming what it would be like to drive the other cars, and race them... would they be as fast as mine, would they handle well, be more comfortable... All ah while traffic had started to collect behind me. So i took a look in my mirrors... f-250, Prius. And whats that behind the prius... An all blacked out dodge charger srt8. I noticed it just in time the light turned green as I jammed it into gear and took off, I gave it some gas so it would break lose a little and make some noise just so the SRT8 would know I'm game.

Once on the highway I took the middle lane, And just as I thought he rushed past the Prius to get up next to me. As I was eyeing his car, which I do have to admit it looked nice. It was definitely lowered, and had an after market exhaust. He gave me ah little goose of his throttle and lurched forward. (as if to say lets go) So I down geared into 2nd and slowed down to about 30-35 mph, As I was slowing down I look in the mirror for the Fuzz, didn't see any but damn was traffic building behind us. He followed suit and slowed down, then I gave him a thumbs up and three honks and we were off. As the cobra screamed to the 7000rpm red line I had pulled about a half ah car on him. Then came the shift to 3rd... Whet off without hitch(thank god for the tri-ax and other shifters I thought) Now once in the power band of 3rd I really started to pull, By the time I was approaching the red line I had about a full 1 3/4 car lead then. As I was looking in the mirror I could see that he just shifted and the lead grew. As I shifted into forth I laid into it for a second and thought 2 plus cars and still pullin that's good enough and let off, the SRT8 went screaming by at somewhere in 110mph plus range then slowed as well as we got back to a more respectable speed we lined up next to each other I gave him a nod of approval and a rev. He did the same, and wanted to race again. I had to deny, we were coming up on traffic and I wasn't going to take any chances, Once is enough.

Now that woke me up better than coffee ever chould. I know it was a book, just wanted to share.

PS. I wish my bottle would've been filled... oh well still got the kill.

Last edited:

Bullitt520

Established Member
The only thing I hate more than a terrible short kill story is when someone apologizes for writing a longer, decent story.

Well told and good kill. Any pics of the Cobra?

03cobra5485

Established Member
haha i actually didn't mind reading this, it was a good short story. tits

cmr98cobra

Established Member
Thanks all for the kind words. I'll try and get some pics up over the weekend if I can. If you guys like that story maybe I'll have to wright the one about how I ended up with old girl, (I didn't win it racing or anything) But it's still a crazy story.

Deuuuce

Established Member
Nice kill. What do '98 I/E/T Cobras with gears typically do in the 1/4 mile?

I remember years ago a video of a '98 with 4:10s iirc and 315s racing an SRT-8. It beat it but looked like the SRT-8 would overtake it into the triple digits.

pyrocrazy

Established Member
not bad writing but why do you write "a" as "ah?" just a little annoying haha

Users who are viewing this thread