Wachowski Bros now Wachowski Sisters (matrix)

Commbubba19

because racecar....crash
Established Member
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/andy-wachowski-transgender-lilly-1201725853/

Seriously, wtf is wrong with this world???

The second Wachowski sibling of “The Matrix” trilogy has come out as a transgender woman, with Andy Wachowski, now going by the name Lilly, making an announcement on Tuesday.

Lilly’s sister and directing partner, Lana, came out as transgender years ago. In a statement to Windy City News, Lilly said she was at risk of being outed by the media.

According to her statement, Lilly was approached by a reporter at U.K. outlet the Daily Mail, who asked Lilly if she could “have my picture taken and tell my story which was so inspirational!”

Lilly went on to slam the Daily Mail’s history with transgender issues.

“It was the ‘news’ organization that had played a huge part in the national public outing of Lucy Meadows, an elementary school teacher and trans woman in the UK,” she wrote. “And now here they were, at my front door, almost as if to say — ‘There’s another one! Let’s drag ’em out in the open so we can all have a look!'”

“So yeah, I’m transgender,” she went on. “And yeah, I’ve transitioned.”

lilly-washowski.jpg

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Read about that before.

Dunno what the big deal is, as he/she/it isn't the first one to become transgender. Whatever makes them happy.

HighTorque

Established Member
I personally am a fan of their work Matrix trilogy being my favorite movie of all time. What they choose to do to themselves in their private lives means zero to me.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I personally am a fan of their work Matrix trilogy being my favorite movie of all time. What they choose to do to themselves in their private lives means zero to me.

x65,000

THe work they did with The Matrix and it's sequels was ground breaking. What they do in their private life, I don't care about.

Commbubba19

because racecar....crash
Established Member
i don't care that they do it. The fact that it has to be advertised on the front page of a news site is what annoys me.

Why do those that are 'different' from mainstream feel it necessary to advertise their differences so blatantly?

Regulars520

Established Member
Doesnt change my opinion of them or the Matrix Trilogy one bit. Not really sure why anybody cares anymore about how people dress or act. As long as it is non violent and respectful I could careless.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member

+1. The Matrix is my favorite movie of all time. The sequels could have been better but are still very good. I don't care if they decide to start self identifying as border collies.

HighTorque

Established Member
+1. The matrix is my favorite movie of all time. The sequels could have been better but are still very good. I don't care if they decide to start self identifying as border collies.

border collies lol now that would be a headline

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
5 bucks says they are having an incestous relationship too :xpl:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
i don't care that they do it. The fact that it has to be advertised on the front page of a news site is what annoys me.

Why do those that are 'different' from mainstream feel it necessary to advertise their differences so blatantly?

If it wasn't advertised and celebrated then everyone would be considered a bigot and people would get offended. And we sure wouldn't want that to happen.

Maybe I should put out a PSA that I am continuing to identify as a straight white male, and then throw a fit when it's not published in nation-wide media.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
This!

Its no different than athletes doing some of the dumbest crap outside of the sport or movie stars, etc. I couldn’t care less what their every day life is.

Unless they’re a killer……..

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
This.

A severe mental illness that is now celebrated and rewarded with a 'reality show' and magazine covers. Absolutely pathetic.

PC run amok.

Its a precarious situation. On one hand we should let people live their lives however they choose because it is their right as human beings provided it doesn't directly hinder the rights or liberty of someone else. So in that respect I don't care that these two identify themselves as women and want to transition completely over to women, surgery and all.

However, through the wide acceptance and celebration it is now becoming taboo to speak about transgender as being a mental disorder which could forever put a stop to research on the topic and a possible future treatment or cure that doesn't involve surgery. Right now the treatment for transgenders (gender dysphoria) is plastic surgery as its a lot easier to swap out their physical parts than it is to correct what ever is wrong in the brain.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I loved the matrix. I could care less what they do in their private lives.

Users who are viewing this thread