WA highway patrol 65/55

nomanate

Established Member
she said she got me at 70 iin a 55 but it was a PACE and im sure i was actully doing 65, what can i do to fight it? i have a clean record

musclefan21

Established Member
your word against the officers. why not go take a driving safety class and move on? 70-on a 55 is not terrible.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
she said she got me at 70 iin a 55 but it was a PACE and im sure i was actully doing 65, what can i do to fight it? i have a clean record
the above does not equate to what you said below.

she cited me for the 65, i wansn't even on the freeway for a mile.

so she said you were doing 70 but wrote you up for 65 which you admit you were doing? Sounds like you should just do what musclefan21 said pay it and move on

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Go to court and tell the judge the officer was wrong as you were only doing 65 in a 55. That should end the matter.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Drop an object 73" from the ground, it will take .48-.5 seconds to hit the floor (depending on how good you are with a stopwatch). Tell the officer to guess how fast that object was going. Use that and take the percentage she was off, and convert it into how fast you think you were going.

If she says 6mph, thats 25% off. If she says you were going 70, that is a range of 18mph she could have been 'wrong'. So in reality, to her...you could have been going 52mph.

Hey it's gotten me out of a ticket before.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Drop an object 73" from the ground, it will take .48-.5 seconds to hit the floor (depending on how good you are with a stopwatch). Tell the officer to guess how fast that object was going. Use that and take the percentage she was off, and convert it into how fast you think you were going.

If she says 6mph, thats 25% off. If she says you were going 70, that is a range of 18mph she could have been 'wrong'. So in reality, to her...you could have been going 52mph.

Sure :rolleyes:

rubber duck

Established Member

Sure it did, unfortunately this hack job "physics" lesson doesn't have anything to do with pacing.

rubber duck

Established Member
she cited me for the 65, i wansn't even on the freeway for a mile.
Dude, just pay the ticket and try to bargain for reduced points and/or fines. If you plead not guilty and use the defenses "I was only doing 65" and "I wasn't even on the highway for a mile", the judge will probably laugh and then give you the full fine.

nomanate

Established Member
ima use a lawyer, im willing to pay money from them to takr care of it like my 21 over, i want to be a cop when im old enough so im trying to keep my record clean, i dont speed often but i was tired and late for hunting..

Users who are viewing this thread