w204 C63 AMG or S550 Mustang?

Raul-7

S-code 1967
Established Member
What car would be the better buy if they can be had for the same price [obviously used vs new]? My heart says Mustang, brain says AMG.

My issue is currently all I see are S550 Mustangs on the streets; the Ecoboost really killed it [both good and bad].

Last edited:

Raul-7

S-code 1967
Established Member
Thanks everyone; I thought the AMG would be there better choice.

After owning the S550; why'd you choose the AMG? Better fit and finish? Would the AMG stomp the S550?

Personally I love the 6.2L V8 - that thing growls. I also love the Black series bodykit.

01-mercedes-c63-amg-black-series.jpg

Troponin

Established Member
AMGs feel so good to drive. They are more refined and just unique. Mustang is an easier platform to make faster though, so long as you boost it

Zemedici

Established Member
Thanks everyone; I thought the AMG would be there better choice.

After owning the S550; why'd you choose the AMG? Better fit and finish? Would the AMG stomp the S550?

Personally I love the 6.2L V8 - that thing growls. I also love the Black series bodykit.

01-mercedes-c63-amg-black-series.jpg

I'll tell you this. If I was driving an AMG mercedes, I wouldnt give two shits if a mustang beat me in a race...

It reminds me of that video/street race thread about the dude draggin the guy in the Ferrari - like 'man I bet he was pissed'

No, I bet he wasnt. He's in a ****ing ferrari, who gives a shit? hahaha

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
If you have a warranty on the AMG, that all day. Otherwise I might have to consider the Mustang just based on prior Mercedes experience.

My mom had a C300, decent enough car for what it was, but man it had constant issues. The only positive to the work it needed, was the dealer kept f-ing up something on the car every time it went in for repair, so they covered the original issue outside of the warranty.

jdcobra

Established Member
Why'd you sell them? I hear the interior panels start to rattle; any other issues?

Quality control issues on the interior, (dash, panels, and where ever else they come from I try to ignore) exterior panel fitment issues, usual drivetrain noises, etc. If I could go back I'd get a scat pack challenger instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Why'd you sell them? I hear the interior panels start to rattle; any other issues?

Mine just wasnt any fun to drive, even after intake/exhaust/tune. I'm not particularly a fan of driving my girls 642rwhp 2.9l whipplecharged 15 either. Just too 'refined' for me. I like the rawness of my cobra. I make 619 and love every second behind the wheel.

Quality control issues on the interior, (dash, panels, and where ever else they come from I try to ignore) exterior panel fitment issues, usually drivetrain noises, etc. If I could go back I'd get a scat pack challenger instead

Good lord its like we're the same person. Had one come into my shop, with a 150 shot on it, and it made 550whp and 600wtq. Looked damn good doing it too.

meistah

Sidetrack, but... Why would you choose the SP challenger over the s550? I'm cross-shopping/test driving both tomorrow, would be good to have some input beforehand on things to look out for.

jdcobra

Established Member
Sidetrack, but... Why would you choose the SP challenger over the s550? I'm cross-shopping/test driving both tomorrow, would be good to have some input beforehand on things to look out for.

ScatPack challenger has looks, style, pretty decent interior/tech, and is quick with the 485 hp and 475 ft lb of tq. I've had yet to see a SP challenger with the issues that the s550 has.

jdcobra

Established Member
Mine just wasnt any fun to drive, even after intake/exhaust/tune. I'm not particularly a fan of driving my girls 642rwhp 2.9l whipplecharged 15 either. Just too 'refined' for me. I like the rawness of my cobra. I make 619 and love every second behind the wheel.

Good lord its like we're the same person. Had one come into my shop, with a 150 shot on it, and it made 550whp and 600wtq. Looked damn good doing it too.

Lol I know right?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I would get the C63 over the 2016 GT if and only if the C63 is as new as possible(2014) and low mileage. I considered buying one in 2014 when I ordered by GT. The only reason I passed on it was I missed out ordering one and didn't want one in black, silver, or white.

z06psi

Established Member
Do you want to mod? Just got out of a Audi S6. Euro cars are expensive and hard to mod. Mustang not so much.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

jdcobra

Established Member
Do you want to mod? Just got out of a Audi S6. Euro cars are expensive and hard to mod. Mustang not so much.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

That's like comparing apples to oranges though. Audi is a luxury car, mustang? Not so much. Granted the best mustang in my opinion is the 03/04 cobra due to its raw power

z06psi

Established Member
I am merely relating my experience. Maintenance and repair bills over 3 years of ownership was over $12k. All of it under warranty and maintenance plan. Once those plans ran up it was time to move on. A tune for any Euro car runs in the $1200.00 plus range.

Headers run in the $3k range.

Interiors are great but if you want to mod them you are going to pay. Mustangs are cheaper to style the way you want and easier ti fix.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread