w00t! Summit just price matched shox.com

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
and I got a set of 4 Bilsteins for $508.00! Summit's regular price was $619.80 for all 4! I never thought they would match it but I guess it pays to call later in the day when the managers are off! :banana:

Just had to tell someone. I'm so stoked! :rockon:

BelvedereGTX

Banned
cool. how do i go about doing this. do u just tell them of a product that is cheaper somewhere else. or did they need you to email them proof

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
I called them and asked if they price matched. The sales guy said as long as it's in print or on a website. Told him to look up shox.com and my application. He put me on hold for a while and then told me he would do it. Gave him my cc number before they could say no. :)

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Summit is great about price matching, theyve always hooked me up when I find a lower price somewhere.

1993R

Established Member
Bought stuff from Shox for 15 years they have good service. I bought some Bilsteins from them last week and they even threw in new upper strut mounts for my son's E36......they are about $40 ea. They still had the lowest price.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
Why not just buy from the people who have the best price in the first place? They are the ones trying to do good and give you good prices and you just bypass them, go to someone that was originally trying to make more money off of you. So in the long run when the low price company goes out of bussines because you went somewhere else you will be stuck paying the high prices of the company you supported? Does that make sense? Not to me.

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
there were a couple of reasons I wanted to buy through Summit. I needed them for this upcoming weekend (second day air was $26 for my entire order)and I got to take advantage of deferred finance charges for 12 months (summit card). Plus the customer service I have gotten from them has been excellent and I like to go back to where I am treated well and my business is appreciated. I'm not saying that shox.com wouldn't provide me the same service.

I completely understand where you are coming from on undercutting the little guy but I think Summit is far from a Wal Mart. It is amazing to see how much money they really are making off those shocks though :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread