W/O.. Nosedive?? Please help...

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
Well tonight I was on my way home from dinner, details not important. I round the corner and conditions are favorable (no traffic) to do a little 1-2 w/o run, so I take it. With the tune I have and the LFP V.B. my truck usually sputters (more like "bounces" off the rev limiter) between first and second, no big deal I'm used to it. Well tonight, it does it's usual sputter but takes a nose dive and scared the sh*t out of me. I instinctively pull out of the throttle and baby it the rest of the way home. It runs and feels normal so I don't think there is any damage. My question is, can this cause serious problems in the future? And would it be wise to have my truck re-tuned? The original tuner is really far from me, and I'm thinking maybe I should have someone local re-tune it. Any suggestions?

LightningLou

Established Member
Sounds like you had some awful detonation of some sort to cause the motor to do that or something wrong with the tranny and it locked up for a second or something. Do you have a wideband? If so make sure all your numbers are right. Either way, something is wrong and you should definitely get the truck re-tuned by someone reputable. Good luck man.

96grimreaper

Established Member
Mine has done this once before. I immediately data logged the truck and checked for codes and it was ok. Hasnt done it again.

BDAZSVT

Established Member
I may get hammered for saying this, but it probably dumped boost. Mine did it at the track one day on the one two shift and I couldnt figure out what it was until I saw a video of it and you couldnt hear the blower after second gear. I had just swapped the blower the week before and figure the boost actuater was not adjusted. i tried unhooking the boost bypass and never had it happen again. Mine never hit the limiter though.
just an idea?

y0rascal

I admit to being a Newbie
Established Member
If I datalogged with my predator, would it pick up on this detonation?

to be safe if you have the money give dagostino a call and have another dyno tune done on it since they are local and if you have any issues they can start looking at it for ya...

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
to be safe if you have the money give dagostino a call and have another dyno tune done on it since they are local and if you have any issues they can start looking at it for ya...

Yea I have seriously considered having Scott take a look at it, I just know that the tune on it now is a very safe, and the option of having the original tuner is not available at this time. I may have to bite the bullet on this one and dig deep into my wallet or lift a few couch cushions.

Users who are viewing this thread