VRS OR-X + Stock catback

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
Alright guys, I'm really considering going ahead and buying an off road x to put on the Cobra before I do the catback. How will this sound? How loud would it be compared to say having a mac 2.5 coupled with the stock H?

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
It will sound good, I ran that setup before going with some Mac mufflers. It will probably be louder than Mac's with a stock H-pipe.

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
That's what I suspected. On my gt I was seriously let down when I put my packs on with the stock H. Sounded quiet as hell. The main reason I'm wanting to do this is because I can't make up my mind about the catback I want, and at around 500 dollars, I not about to make a stupid decision. I'd rather get this out of the way, have it sound good, and then make up my mind about the catback. Thanks man.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
viperbluelx said:
Mac sounds better, costs less
Macs quality control<bassani quality control. I've seen more fubar'd mac stuff, poor chrome tips, sending two tips of the same side ect. They do sound very nice though.

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
Mac quality sucks balls. I love the way my car sounds and get complements on it but will NEVER buy another Mac catback. It's rediculous to fit. The piping infront of the gas tank isn't fully horizontal and then coming around the gas tank the piping doesn't go up high enough so my tailpipes actually kinda point up. I also had to do some pretty good pulling just to get the tail pipes to point out the back straight. PIECE OF SHIT QUALITY.

I've got a mac o/r prochamber and flowpaths. 2.5"

Users who are viewing this thread