Vrs o/r x

sigbrown1297

Established Member
I received my vrs o/r x pipe yesterday. I ordered the SS version but i think I received the aluminized version. I the SS version has a polished look and this doesn't look like my other SS exhaust parts.

Also, I have a SCT flash tuner that came with the car from the previous owner. As far as the canned tunes that comes on it, would the SCT just turn the downstream o2 sensors off and that all that it does?

WP_20150731_15_40_27_Pro_zpsd2386a91.jpg

Last edited:

pepridgefarm

Established Member
just got my vrs x in few days ago too i got the SS and looks exactly the same i have a MAC 3" catback thats aluminized steel and its much more dull then the SS vrs so my guess it is SS just have to hit it with the sand paper and metal polish to get the shine out!

sigbrown1297

Established Member
just got my vrs x in few days ago too i got the SS and looks exactly the same i have a MAC 3" catback thats aluminized steel and its much more dull then the SS vrs so my guess it is SS just have to hit it with the sand paper and metal polish to get the shine out!

okay, good to hear. the ones i've seen online just seemed much shiner and polished. maybe they switch to a different steel. You installed yours yet?

sigbrown1297

Established Member
i got mine on, but the passenger side is not sealed completely against the manifold. I did this on jack stands with only about a ft clearance so its difficult to get any sort of leverage. I gotta get it on a lift and have them tighten it down. One of my manifold studs may be stripped and thats why its not sealing all the way. My driver side muffler is also hanging down and need to get it adjusted so i don't scrape. overall, it sounds good. be ready for the exhaust smell...

Last edited:

sigbrown1297

Established Member
that one was the most difficult one to get out. I had to move the jack stand further down because was preventing me to get good leverage on the wrench. I used a deep socket, swivel, and three extensions (one long, and two shorter ones is all i had). It was just long enough for the handle of the wrench to clear the lower k member brace.

Those nuts are on there tight. I had to use a breaker bar at the end of the socket wrench to help get more leverage. Make sure the socket is on the nut all the way and use a breaker bar to break the nut free. I used a tire t wrench as a breaker bar. It fit around the end of the handle of the wrench.

The driver side upstream O2 sensor will be too short for me. Im assuming yours will be as well. You will have to buy an extension or longer O2 sensor. I chose to cut, solder and extend the wires and heat shrink the connections. I covered the wires in conduit and wrapped it up in high temp electrical tape. If it gives me problems, I will get longer 02 sensor, but it seems to be working fine.

WP_20150801_21_53_51_Pro_zps63b30e0f.jpg

Last edited:

sigbrown1297

Established Member
yeah, i made sure the i had the right size socket and that it was seated all the way down on the nut. Getting the o/r is easier because you don't have the cats in the way.

Also, the socket in the pic says 15mm, but its just for picture purpose. May or may not be the one i used. Can't remember.

Last edited:

sigbrown1297

Established Member

Check out ones in these threads. they look different than the one i got. The tubing is not as polished. Check out the welds at the x, its very clean. My welds are a dull silver color.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?712460-Vrs-o-r-x-pipe-just-came-in!!!!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?762043-VRS-Catted-X-Pipe

sigbrown1297

Established Member
The fitment on these are crap. I took it into a shop to get it looked at because my driver side was hanging down real low. They worked on it all morning and the driver side is still low and causing my muffle to hang down as well.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
The fitment on these are crap. I took it into a shop to get it looked at because my driver side was hanging down real low. They worked on it all morning and the driver side is still low and causing my muffle to hang down as well.

I won't say I told ya so, but I told ya so.

Users who are viewing this thread