Vredestein Sessanta tires

TrickStang37

Established Member
Im about to run these in a few days, 315/35/17 on some AFS 17x10.5. Anyone run them? they look good, anybody want me to take some measurements or anything? I'll post up on how they do.

Wolfhound

25th Infantry
Established Member
I've got them, they work great in the rain and are a definite step up from the Sumitomos I had.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It doesn't look like they have a very good or consistent contact patch for good dry traction on a high HP vehicle though.

-Jeff

smknvette

Established Member
I have them on my car now. They dont hook real good. First gear is pointless and it still spins in second when it's cold. Great tire for the money though IMO.

TrickStang37

Established Member
well, today is the first day it hasn't rained in a week. I will say, the tires perform really well. atleast, for my expectations. when it was raining, it would barely spin 3rd (just testing) whereas i would spin 5th with the Sumitomos. on dry pavement, i thought i was going to spin second but it held the road really well. it felt like it was going to let go at about 3800-4000rpm (peak tq) but didnt and held fine to 6500rpm. in 3rd there was no question, it held. it was 61* today, very cloudy.

i havent seen any other 315's on a 10.5" wheel to compare but these tires look just SLIGHTLY smaller at the contact patch compared to the wheel. they dont bulge out at all, they sit flush, and if anything, maybe just a pinch in.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Spinning 5th? I can't even spin 4th at my power level. I don't even think that it is possible to spin 5th at any power level that I have ever seen a 03/04 cobra at. :dw:

-Jeff

TrickStang37

Established Member
well i had been. even with a witness in my car on more than one occasion. the tires were well worn, but not bald yet. you know im talkin about when its raining, right?

Sticker Monster

Established Member
I have them on my Cobra. They came with my AFS 18" Cobra wheels. They don't hook at all for me. There a good street tire for normal driving. I need a drag radial a.s.a.p

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
well i had been. even with a witness in my car on more than one occasion. the tires were well worn, but not bald yet. you know im talkin about when its raining, right?

Nope. Spinning the tires in 5th gear is unheard of unless you are on ice. You are definitely not making the power necessary to spin the tires in 5th gear. A 3rd gear spin would be a feat at your level.

TrickStang37

Established Member
3rd isnt much of a feat. it does third. i know it wont do 4th anymore. it just shows how crappy those other tires were.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Can you shoot some pics of the tires on the wheels for comparison and measurements? Looking into picking a pair of these up as well.

03KrauseCobra

Established Member
i did have those tires, for about 5000 miles they are great but now after my work is done to my cobra i completely spin through 3rd lol i just got nitto dr 315 to put on my 17 by 10.5 replicas

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
I have their winter tires. Awesome in the snow and really good in the rain. Decent on the dry for a winter tire. V rated.

Users who are viewing this thread