VP MS101 Fuel question with NX plate 200 shot ??

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Going through some tune revisions to get things dialed in right now but I'm curious if there are any other people running VP MS101 in there cars? Info on the fuel its 97 motor octane unleaded oxygenated and the stoich A/F ratio is around 14.3 - 14.6 . My question is that with the new fuel my short term fuel trims are pulling fuel from the injectors to obtain the commanded A/F ratio and so I guess I need to change to a smaller fuel jet in the NX plate for 200 shot it calls for a 136 N20 jet and a 36 Fuel jet but its pulling 10-15% so I thought changing the fuel jet to a 35 might help but little to no difference was made. I'm thinking maybe a 32 jet might get the short term fuel where it should be? Maybe someone at NX will chime in? Anyone else that might share there setup for Nitrous shots 200-250 hp ?

NitrousExpress

Established Member
That fuel will work, however, an oxygenated fuel will run leaner, 14's WOT on nitrous is really lean. Changing to a smaller fuel jet will make it even leaner. Normally, you want to be AT LEAST a point richer on your AFR than what the motor runs WOT on motor only. (When spraying nitrous.)

I would check to make sure the fuel solenoid is functioning properly. I can tell you how to take it apart, let me know if you have any other questions.

-Garrett

Last edited:

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
I didnt mean the cars A/F was 14's lol that's what the fuel spec was lol. The cars A/F was .78 lambda which would be 11.41 A/F. I recently had the fuel solenoid fail on my NX coyote plate with the small integrated solenoids. Im supposed to be getting the upgraded larger plate and remote solenoids. Through my buddies shop soon.

That fuel will work, however, an oxygenated fuel will run leaner, 14's WOT on nitrous is really lean. Changing to a smaller fuel jet will make it even leaner. Normally, you want to be AT LEAST a point richer on your AFR than what the motor runs WOT on motor only. (When spraying nitrous.)

I would check to make sure the fuel solenoid is functioning properly. I can tell you how to take it apart, let me know if you have any other questions.

-Garrett

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
It can't hurt to run higher octane anything to avoid detonation. I would go with MS109 and play around with the fuel jet like NX says. Also a little C16 here and there won't hurt the wide bands.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
"" the NX plate for 200 shot it calls for a 136 N20 jet ""

Surely you're not running a 136n jet, that would flow 500+hp of juice.

I don't have the Coyote plate but do have the have a TVS and installed the NX GT500 plate on my car and run Renegade fuel, for a 250 shot I use 88n (1000psi bottle) and 40f jet (60psi fuel pressure) my A/F is in the low 11's.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Im not sure running C12 or C16 is a good idea. I've been told by several tuners its bad for your widebands. I just hate to play chemist and start mixing fuels that aren't designed to be mixed. But some C16 sure smells good.

It can't hurt to run higher octane anything to avoid detonation. I would go with MS109 and play around with the fuel jet like NX says. Also a little C16 here and there won't hurt the wide bands.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
The only reason the plate I'm using now calls for a 136 N20 jet is because your maxing out the plate and the solenoid.

"" the NX plate for 200 shot it calls for a 136 N20 jet ""

Surely you're not running a 136n jet, that would flow 500+hp of juice.

I don't have the Coyote plate but do have the have a TVS and installed the NX GT500 plate on my car and run Renegade fuel, for a 250 shot I use 88n (1000psi bottle) and 40f jet (60psi fuel pressure) my A/F is in the low 11's.

Users who are viewing this thread