Vote for my new truck!!!

Which truck do you recommend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ortoch

Established Member
I had another post on here about what truck to buy and it gave me the top 3 options for what to buy so here's a vote.

Basically I want a truck that CAN tow when it needs to but gets good gas mileage for winter AND is not horrible to drive around. The price range should be below 15grand as I want to buy used and I checked out ebay and I can pretty much find any of these 3 for that price. I appreciate any further input from what I heard in the other post so help me out!

Thanks a mil guys,
James

Last edited:

NXSVTCOBRA

Don't over look the cummins, for your price range you could find a pretty nice 01 or 02 4wd with low miles. Or a newer common rail quad cab.

Ortoch

Established Member
Don't over look the cummins, for your price range you could find a pretty nice 01 or 02 4wd with low miles. Or a newer common rail quad cab.

has to be ford thats one rule I wont break unless its ridiculously cheaper or better than anything ford makes and the dodge diesels arent I dont belive

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Sorry to break the news but Cummins > any diesel found in any of the light duty trucks

It is a shame the rest of the dodge truck sucks a mean ****.

Last edited:

Ortoch

Established Member
I havent done any research but the keyword is "rediculously" I am extremely brainwashed when it comes to vehicles and dont think I would be able to drive anything down the road without a blue oval on it. If it is able to do 2x what a ford truck can for the same price or cheaper I would be more than willing to look at stats but i am only hauling 5-6000lbs and dont need something that can make the world spin the opposite way when you gun it.

RCMPSVT

Established Member
FX4 f150 5.4L in a 2000-2003 model I had one and it was awesome, pretty good on gas for a truck. Sctrew the new ones the older model will run forever, Ive had a few go to over 150,000miles without a problem and I bet theyd go double that if not more, very easy to work on and you can get a great price on them right now

NXSVTCOBRA

I havent done any research but the keyword is "rediculously" I am extremely brainwashed when it comes to vehicles and dont think I would be able to drive anything down the road without a blue oval on it. If it is able to do 2x what a ford truck can for the same price or cheaper I would be more than willing to look at stats but i am only hauling 5-6000lbs and dont need something that can make the world spin the opposite way when you gun it.

well If I were you I would go out and do my OWN research before I spent MY money on something that I may not like. I can't nor have the desire to convince you what's a better vehicle. I've had and still own both 7.3 Fords and Cummins trucks. I know what "I" feel is best out of the two.

www.google.com it's your friend.

Ortoch

Established Member
yah I am leaning towards the Lariat at this point due to how cheap they are right now. Keep the advice coming though I am still open to anything

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
FX4 f150 5.4L in a 2000-2003 model I had one and it was awesome, pretty good on gas for a truck. Sctrew the new ones the older model will run forever, Ive had a few go to over 150,000miles without a problem and I bet theyd go double that if not more, very easy to work on and you can get a great price on them right now

I have to agree but, i have not used them on the road. We had a fleet of the 2000 5.4L F350s and E350s down in Antarctica and that engine is indistructable. We had some that were rolling over 100,000 miles and still kicking strong. That may not seem like much but, take into account for extreme conditions and they are always under 100% load when driving around in the snow. I also agree with the easy to work on comment, very similar to the 2V 4.6L from my expereince. :thumbsup:

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7361/dsc00592eg9.jpg
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5042/dsc00343gv7.jpg

Ortoch

Established Member
well If I were you I would go out and do my OWN research before I spent MY money on something that I may not like. I can't nor have the desire to convince you what's a better vehicle. I've had and still own both 7.3 Fords and Cummins trucks. I know what "I" feel is best out of the two.

www.google.com it's your friend.

oh I will do my own research its just that the community on this forum lead me to buying my new cobra and its been one of the best purchases I have ever made so since i have NO idea where to start in this purchase I am asking for help. My last post I just said "any truck" I have already narrowed it down to a small group of trucks in a day from yalls help.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
Super Duty with the 7.3L would give you the best of all worlds and fall into your price range. Not quite a Cummins but you have a better truck with a good drive train.

NXSVTCOBRA

The only drawback for the Cummins is the tranny and the truck that surrounds it lol.

I agree to disagree, in regards to the automatics the Ford is no stronger than the Dodge, they're both weak however valve body and a tq converter will extend the life of them a bit. Only thing I personally do not like about the Dodge is that my 1 ton looks just like a 1/2 ton. In 1999 Ford addressed that issue with the line of Super Duty trucks brilliant in my opinion, because it Left Chevrolet and Dodge behind, as both their full size trucks look the same basically. Now one thing that supersedes it all is the power plant. The Cummins is extremely easy to work on, the parts are almost as half cheap as the International parts, they are tons better with the injection pump fired injectors than the HPOP fired injectors on the International motors that Ford uses, which in turn make them a lot less of a pain in the ass to trouble shoot. The fuel economy on my Cummins shit on my powerstroke even when they were both stock. The Cummins sound much better. I've literally unhooked my trailer from one truck to the other and noticed how much better they pull. It took me 4 1 ton Ford trucks to 1 1 ton Dodge truck to realize which was the better truck. In the near future I will get around to swapping a Cummins in one of my Fords to have the all around desired truck that I'd love to have. Again this is all based solely on my opinion and what I've found to be true in testing both trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread