Vossen Wheels?

kingnut

Established Member
i want to play the "i have vossens game"!

999side1Custom_zps7efe1611.jpg

999back2Custom_zps247e0932.jpg

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I just noticed you finally got your Vossens mounted up on your car!

Post up some pics!

Yup. They are great wheels and look amazing. Thanks again for the hook up Aaron!
I will be putting out a mod thread here real soon. All the mods in my sig where stock-piled over the winter and I installed them a little at a time with my son as time off allowed...I have a million before and after pics... Plenty of wheel pics too. Just waiting to get my tint done next week before taking a couple final pics. Stay tuned.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Welcome to SVTP if it isn't True Forged or CCW these guys turn there noses up 99% of the time.

I don't agree with this at all, since True Forged and CCW have nothing that impress me. IMO, both aforementioned companies are sticking with styles from yesteryear, with no style refinements geared towards current looks and gear head taste. Example, polished aluminum is OUT. Most car guys are into powder coating these days. TF and CCW still incorporate a lot of polished finishes on their wheels. Yes, I understand they also powder coat, but you still see a lot of polished finishes on their wheels in combination with powder coated finishes. Adding to this, rivets/screws around the entire perimeter of the wheel are also dated styling, not my cup of tea anymore.

Today's muscle car wheels are about concavity, no polished finishes, powder coating only.

That being said, Vossen, Velgen, Forgestar, and other wheels in this manufacturing style are most welcomed in 5.0 world.

Last edited:

BUCKET

Established Member
61FDE774-1B2D-476D-BD62-E6815950D159-3665-000001FC33A4BE08.jpg

I have been debating going to a different set of vossens. The 5 or 7 spoke(can't recall the model #). But powder coat white just to do something different?

Anyone want to sponsor this? Ill give them my vossens back. Haha!

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Bucket, don't do white wheels. IMO, a car looks best when there is a contrast difference between body color and wheel color. If there is no contrast, it's too much of a good thing. This is why the Forgestar wheels I ordered will be brilliant silver powder coat, not gunmetal, as that would be too close of a match to Sterling Gray.

BUCKET

Established Member
Like old Saleen was the idea for concept. More than likely never happen due to wanting to spend $ on other stuff. Been debating on getting rid of the vossens and going to 18x9/11 weld RTS and have then powder coated all black. Idk yet

BUCKET

Established Member
I got a 1/2 mile event I am willing to run names on the car if someone wants to send me those weld RTS sizes. Lol

Ill buy the tires......

COBRAGUY95

Freshly Squeezed
Established Member
I don't agree with this at all, since True Forged and CCW have nothing that impress me. IMO, both aforementioned companies are sticking with styles from yesteryear, with no style refinements geared towards current looks and gear head taste. Example, polished aluminum is OUT. Most car guys are into powder coating these days. TF and CCW still incorporate a lot of polished finishes on their wheels. Yes, I understand they also powder coat, but you still see a lot of polished finishes on their wheels in combination with powder coated finishes. Adding to this, rivets/screws around the entire perimeter of the wheel are also dated styling, not my cup of tea anymore.

Today's muscle car wheels are about concavity, no polished finishes, powder coating only.

That being said, Vossen, Velgen, Forgestar, and other wheels in this manufacturing style are most welcomed in 5.0 world.
Welcome to the 1%

Users who are viewing this thread