Vossen Wheel Issue

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Edit: issue fixed. Added some small spacers in front for clearance.

Pic added for enjoyment!

Last edited:

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Rotor retention washer still on one of the studs?

Hmm. Can you specify? Never heard of this. I'm gunna pull the front wheels today after work and inspect everything again. Just so weird. I've read everywhere on here that the +38mm have cleared for others with no issue.

Wishing I had done a free wheel test before driving the car. It is what it is though. Just glad I caught it when I did.

Edit: was able to google the retention washer. Will be checking for those tonight. Hopefully it'll be the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Well I removed the rotor retainer washers. Still having the issue. I really think it's an imperfection with the wheel. Ever so slightly. The passenger side is close but does not rub. And when I say close I mean scary close. I really didn't see myself having this kind of issue with the wheels but I should have been more cautious. I ordered some 5mm hubcentric spacers to give myself the clearance I need and touch up the caliper. I really don't think I'll need longer studs but I'll triple check everything to make sure all the Lugs are properly engaged.

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Figured I'd share pics of the new wheels and tires. Have to adjust my panhard slightly. But I'm happy so far. Just have to keep an eye/ear out for any rubbing.

275/35/20 on 20x9 +38mm w a 5mm spacer in front. Vossen CV2
305/35/20's on 20x10.5 +45mm rears.

b4ee683affe2a85f0bc9af3d9b080f3f.jpg

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Contact the place you got the wheels from and explain the issue

I've fixed the issue. Just added some 5mm Eibach Pro spacers in the front. Worked like a charm. Still had plenty of hub/wheel stud to grab on to as well.

Users who are viewing this thread