Vortech'ed Stang running slower than a stocker...HEEELP!

Dr.Jay

Out of my mind. Back in 5
Established Member
Yeah, that's my car. It's a 99 GT with an aftercooled vortech pushing around 10lbs.... supposedly

But this car is special... you see, it used to be an automatic, but now it sports a Tremec T56.... still with the auto computer (no problems though). Thing is, I believe my car is running very very lean (it detonates from 3000 rpms and up). It has the custom chip that Vortech sends with it, which seems to be completely non existent due to my problem. It has Lt's, CAI, 4.10's, 30" injectors,etc...

I know you might say that I need a tune... maybe you're right... thing is, I don't know any tunners from around here (if you know somebody from Puerto Rico -anywhere from PR- whos tunes please let me know ASAP). So I was wondering, if I strip the old chip, buy a Predator, HYPERTECH or something, would it be able to fix my problems??? You know, make the computer know it has a manual tranny now, that it's supercharged, A/F, etc? Please. I need serious help... any help would be great.... THANKS 4 READING TROUGH IT ALL!!!

:read: :read: :read: :read: :( :( :( :( :(

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
There are many tuners out there where you can send them your predator and they will upload a custom tune into it.

RWTD, HBH are some of the one's that I can think of off the top of my head now. Some other people will chime in i'm sure. Good luck with everything.

Dr.Jay

Established Member
Hmm, maybe I will inquire about it.... you don't know how bad I have it.... It's exesperating knowing thta you cannot rip your car.... aaaghhh!

Also, my computer is from an auto, but it's not bothering me or anything..... is it ok to keep it?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
So the kit came with a chip right?

I think the computers from the autos are more conservative than the stick cars.

You'd have to call a tuner or try www.sctflash.com with created the Xcal 2. Ryan is great to work with on those forums. You could try them.

Good luck.

Dr.Jay

Established Member
Yeah, the kit came with a preburned chip, you know, the one for the injectors, SC etc.

Then the auto computer is more conservative.... should be up to the standards if I tuned it, right?

XCalibrator 2

TUNE your own vehicle
FOR MAXIMUM BOLT-ON
PERFORMANCE! I didn´t catch supercharger in that....

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
It'll work for the supercharger.

It just holds custom tunes for you. Up to 3. Private message Ryan on the forums and he should be able to help you a little better.

Dr.Jay

Established Member
All right, lemme see if I can find him, thx man.

If anybody else has any suggestions, help (like a tuner here in PR) I´m all ears.

MachGT

parts, parts, gimme parts
Established Member
It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a wideband with a good datalogger so you can do some of the tuning yourself.

Dr.Jay

Established Member
... I liked the part where I tune myself... the other part, I really don't know what you mean... what's a good wideband with datalogger? Sorry for all the questions, but I really must get my car out of the slump it is right now... and if I can do it myself, all the better.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
30 lb injectors yikes... I think that might be your lean problem. Are you useing an FMU or something? 10lbs you should at a min. have 42's

Dr.Jay

Established Member
Oh... but those are the injectors that the Vortech kit brought... and I still have the stock pulley...

Users who are viewing this thread