Vortech with oil in the discharge piping.

r1wheelie

Established Member
I got a Vortech kit with the aftercooler and I have noticed some oil residue on the couplings and a little bit in the piping leading up to the throttle body. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
if the oil is also getting all over the impeller, its probably bieng sucked through the breather hose connected to the the intake tube. If its only on the discharge pipe, it could be a leaking seal on the head unit

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Its coming from the breather hose that goes from you're passenger side valve cover to the inlet on the blower.. I had that same problem on my old car, I capped off the hole on the inlet pipe and put a breather on the valve cover and ever since the blower piping was always bone dry.

Circled in red is the breather I installed.
DSCF6411.jpg

milenko1247

Established Member
its the seal. If any oil appears after the s/c, ur seals r goin. Its better to get new seals thn to blowin up ur engine :shrug:..

THAITED

Established Member
Two things, blow by or seal...... Most lightly, it's the seal.....I've had that problem before and it was the seal.

r1wheelie

Established Member
There isn't much oil on the inside, just a film on the pipes. There is a little built up on the silicone couplings as seen in the pictures.
DSCN9975.gif

DSCN9976.gif

DSCN9977.gif

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
This really isn't that hard.

Cap of the breather hose, clean and intake piping and drive the car, after you put some miles on it remove the intake piping and inspect for oil again..

If the oil is gone, you fixed the problem. If there is again, its the seals.

THAITED

Established Member
That's not a whole lot of oil I see really. Just do as Chrome98cobra said....... Mind was oil everywhere when that happen and I'm talking about a big puddle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread