Vortech VTS numbers

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
First tune on 91 pump gas and 14.8# of boost made 677/593. Made a race tune on 19.5# of boost and made 743/699. Car is 100% stock longblock. :beer:

Carrshelby.gif

Shelby002.gif

Shelby003.gif

Shelby001.gif

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TJEzMPAXxM"]YouTube- Vortech Twin Screw GT500[/nomedia]

kent1

Established Member
Great power numbers! Is this the 3.3 Vortech VTS? Does this blower fit under the stock hood with no modifications for fitment. If it fits without modications (3.3) -I assume this is the biggest supercharger to fit under the stock hood.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Great power numbers! Is this the 3.3 Vortech VTS? Does this blower fit under the stock hood with no modifications for fitment. If it fits without modications (3.3) -I assume this is the biggest supercharger to fit under the stock hood.

NO it does not. sean from extreme automotive has the first production unit on his gt500 and the hood wouldnt clear by a long shot. he had to go to a cowl hood. here's a huge high res pic of his car from the side with the hood propped up. you can see how high the blower sits

True Forged Chicane wheels

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
NO it does not. sean from extreme automotive has the first production unit on his gt500 and the hood wouldnt clear by a long shot. he had to go to a cowl hood. here's a huge high res pic of his car from the side with the hood propped up. you can see how high the blower sits

True Forged Chicane wheels

I saw his car at vortech the same time ours was there for the blower install:banana:

Car looks great with those true forged wheels:beer:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I saw his car at vortech the same time ours was there for the blower install:banana:

Car looks great with those true forged wheels:beer:

he loves that blower and he prefers Vortech over KB and Whipple, and he's done a LOT of all of them. he did say that an alternative to swapping the hoods is to drop the subframe but that's pretty complex and involved.

if it was MY car, id want to keep the stock hood so id definitely go for the dropped motor.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
of course, you just went through all that trouble of making those sweet hood vents...

lol. but even still. i think the 07-09 GT500 looks fantastic in stock form, especially the hood. it just changes the look of the vehicle too much.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Wow, i thought Vortech only made centrifical s/c's. Great #'s

Users who are viewing this thread