Vortech v3 install on automatic question. Need Help

*Predator*

Established Member
So I installed a OPG and Vortech v3 kit on my 2011 GT A6. The issue im having is 1 I dont have the "automatic Vacuum lines" from the kit. My car came with a Boss intake and JLT cai on it. The port I assume this extra vacuum line on the auto ran to was not there on my JLT. Was capped off. I was having issues adjusting the BOV's. On a looser setting it idles fine cold but idles rough warmed up, kind of like a ghost cam tune but not quite that rough. Enough to cause P0300 (multiple cylinder misfire detected)code though. Tightened the screw some and I have that issue at cold idle now, but it idles fine warmed up and doesn't throw the p0300. I spliced into the Vacuum line on the drivers side of the boss intake to run the vacuum lines to the BOV's. Note the kit has 2 BOV's. 1 in the standard position and one in the elbow on the passenger side of the intercooler. Person I bought the kit from set it up like this per instruction from Jamie at Beefcake. They're both MAx Flow BOV's. Right now I have a base startup tune from Shaun at AED. He told me he doesn't do the installs tho there so he couldn't help before everyone says ask my tuner.. Is this normal because its just a base tune or do I have something wrong somewhere??? I dont see where these vacuum lines would go that are missing from my kit and Vortech was of no help. They referred me to beefcake for toruble shooting an auto. Any help would be great. Dont want to drive it and blow something up. Attached is a pic of where I spliced into the vacuum line.

20160409_191721.jpg

Last edited:

*Predator*

Established Member
Doubt this matters but my JLT catch can wouldn't fit right on the passenger side anymore so I replaced it with a breather and attachment with no check valve in it. The line coming off the inlet of the kit by the filter is still run to the drivers side valve cover pcv though. Its the JLT competition inlet upgrade.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
The way you spliced it is perfectly normal and the way we usually do it, throw a breather on the other side and cap off the inlet on the filter tube and you will be fine.

The BOV's shouldnt be needing any adjustment at all and also the car should be running just fine the way you have it installed, its all up to the tune now.

Last edited:

*Predator*

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. Well, we already made adjustments to the bov's, so now I just have to see exactly where they should be. They should blow off some air even at idle right?? Also so I shouldn't "Need" any of the automatic specific stuff then?? Hopefully I was just being a little over cautious. This is my first time boosting a car...

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
The bov's should be completely open at idle and start closeing when you go WOT

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

*Predator*

Established Member
The bov's should be completely open at idle and start closeing when you go WOT

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up. I adjusted the one to do as u described. Sounds different now. Idle is stable warmed up but still a little rough at cold start. Would that be the base tune or would it make a difference once I put a breather on the drivers side valve cover and cap off the tube that runs to it from the jlt inlet?

Users who are viewing this thread