vortech V2 vs Turbo

99'WhiteCobra

Established Member
for a couple of days now ive being thinking about taking my vortech out and going turbo, has anyone done this? does anyone have a turbo? what do you guys think....

01yellercobra

Established Member
I was thinking about going turbo not too long ago. I helped install a Hellion kit on my buddies GT and was impressed by the numbers it made. Not so much with the kit itself though. They make great power though. Do you still have the stock k member and exhaust manifolds?

99'WhiteCobra

Established Member
i change the k member a while ago.. i went upr with coilovers.. yeah i still have the stock manifolds.. but idk which size turbo to get or if its street friendly

01yellercobra

Established Member
I don't know a whole lot about turbos. I was told a 76mm would be awesome on my set up. But I'd have to change the k member and take off the headers. Neither of which I really want to do at the moment. Plus it means more money that has to be spent to get things to work.

quick01

INEEDBOOST
Established Member
a little something like that... i want a street/ strip 10 mid sec car that could be daily driven.

That would be sick haha, my buddy who drives an 03 termi want to trade parts. He wants my intake and what not so he can go turbo and I can get into some boost eaton style.

99'WhiteCobra

Established Member
trust me do it.. your gonna fall in love again with your car!... just dont boost higher than 10lbs cause if you, lets just say it gets really expensive.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The turbo would probably be a better choice for you then. Turn the boost up for the track and down for the street.

cobraracer46

Banned
Since no turbo kits for 99-01 Cobra's are smog legal in California, I would automatically go with the Vortech set up as it is 50 state legal. the V2 in SI trim flows enough air to support 775HP.

I'm putting the finishing touches on a Vortech aftercoold T trim set up for my car and I never even once thought about putting a turbo in my car because I did not to deal with all of the turbo system headaches or the problem of having to deal with a totally illegal power adder that would never pass a smog inspection.

By the way, speaking of turbo kits, I find it amazing that people are installing the piece of garbage ON3 turbo system on SVT Cobra's.:dw:

Users who are viewing this thread