Vortech v2 seal repair help!!!

99'WhiteCobra

Established Member
looking for help on my vortech v2, i know i have a broken seal.. vortech charges a lil too much was wondering if their a mechanic in LA with experience that could work on it for me lmk looking to do this asap..

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
looking for help on my vortech v2, i know i have a broken seal.. vortech charges a lil too much was wondering if their a mechanic in LA with experience that could work on it for me lmk looking to do this asap..

Are they charging to remove it from the car and then fix it? How much would it drop if you pulled it and then took then the unit?

99'WhiteCobra

Established Member
im taking the unit off, just need someone to fix it and gtr sends them out to vortech need a shop here in LA or near. any info would help thanks...

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Sounds like that is the only real way to get it done if you want it done right

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member

Stanger00

Established Member
I just made a thread on how I replaced the seal on my vortech head unit. Look up my threads that I started and it will pop up. It has pics and everything that you need to find the parts. The seal will cost around 20-25 bucks for the viton seal and probably between 15-20 bucks for the seal that lookst like the vortech installed seal.

Chicago raw hide was bought by SKF and they dont make the 7mm deep seal but the 8mm seal will fit. That is if you want viton. Viton is just a stronger rubber and resist break down better than nitrile.

It took me about 20 minutes to take the case apart, knock seal out, clean, install seal and put the case back together.

I also did this with simple hand tools.

Last edited:

99'WhiteCobra

Established Member
did a bunch of research found everything i need under 50 bucks!! waiting to get the seal's this week and do it..
special thanks to Stranger00 and also OCSnK hopefully my car is ready for next week irwindale :)

Users who are viewing this thread